Afghanistan Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan Picture Thread

I snapped a couple quick ones this morning. I will get some more up when the sun gets all the way up. Thought Id give you guys an idea of where I work though.

here is the center of where I pull up all the telemetery and video feeds of anything flying in the area. The parts I cant show arent in the photo so it looks kinda like nothing lol.

This is my little command center. If you look in the top left those are my babys. The MDAS antenna is the big brown one and I control that from inside the shelter.

Ill get some more up in a little bit, just waiting for the sun to come up
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Telemetry?

We use telemetry at work on our dosimeters to show real-time dose rates and dose picked up when working in high dose areas or in the reactor building. Guessing it is kinda different than what you use it for?

Nice camp.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
      Telemetry?

We use telemetry at work on our dosimeters to show real-time dose rates and dose picked up when working in high dose areas or in the reactor building. Guessing it is kinda different than what you use it for?

Nice camp.
      We refer to Telemetry as all the feeds we get from the system.. I can go anywhere in Afghanistan and read VGAS or LONG/LAT plus Elevation also whatever video feed I am getting will tell me exactly where the aircraft is, at what hieght they are flying at, what there cross hairs are on etc etc etc. Its a huge database of intel info

Comment

Sorta the same then, basically showing realtime data.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
          Sorta the same then, basically showing realtime data.
          exactly

Comment

I wanna see some damn vehicles and planes, your dissappointing me cody!

Comment

Im waiting for the sun to come up ass hat. Its hard to get pictures of the planes cuz they take off so fast and I dont feel like driving down to the flight line.. ill see what I can do for you pansys though.

Comment

the suns up in the other picture

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                  the suns up in the other picture
                  barely, there are giant mountain ranges behind in those pictures and you cant see them because of the haze

Comment

Are there any camels there?

Comment

here Geoff, just for you.

If there are camels I havent seen any, there are a lot of camels in Kuwait

Comment

wanna send that over on the next C-130 thats comin back to the states?

Comment

ill see what I can do, I want to get pictures of the new USMC MRAP.. things fawking sique. The first day I was here a unit of them rolled through. Ill see if I can find them agian

Comment

yeah man that would be cool, see what other cool stuff you can find

Comment

im going to try and go down to the end of the flight line one day and get teh F16s taking off, the road is right at the end and they go over it at like 50 ft above. its really cool

Comment

Working...
                              X