Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
    like you wouldent believe.

i could go on for about 20 min with the diff styles, rubber compounds and types of foam inserts and weighting the wheels but trust me tires make a big diff.
    hrmm. moderately interesting. I figured since it was so light anyway it wouldnt make much difference, but i guess i was wrong. I do actually like these things, but still can't justify the price tag. and the K5 is pretty sweet too
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      hrmm. moderately interesting. I figured since it was so light anyway it wouldnt make much difference, but i guess i was wrong. I do actually like these things, but still can't justify the price tag. and the K5 is pretty sweet too
      well they are light. but you add weight to each wheel sometimes asmuch as 5-6oz that helps the tire "squish out" if you will to gain traction on the rock. the type of foam insert you use also helps.

i run memory foam that i cut slices into to alow the foam to flex ezr and added about 1 1/4 oz to each wheel. this seems to be working best with this wheel/tire setup. but its a diff combination for every tire you run you have to play with it a few times b4 you get it just right. my old tires i had no foam with no addd weight and ran the tire half full with airsoft bbs and it was awsome. really interesting stuff if you get into it lots of tricks to learn. you would be amased at what these things are capable of.

i work parttime at branford hobbys if your interested i could see what kinda disscount i could work out and get ya a decent rig to start with?
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

possibly down teh road, but I cant afford something like that at the moment. I gotz bills to pay
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
          I do actually like these things, but still can't justify the price tag.
          x2

I think it would be cool to build one, but there are 50 other things for my jeep I can spend 900 bucks on and be much happier

Comment

I fucking love scale 4x4 RC trucks. The only thing that sucks is that there is only one place in the world that you can get a XJ body. There is a guy in Germany that hand makes them for $400. That is why all of my RC trucks are wearing early Bronco bodies...

Did you ever notice that you never see a toy or model or anything that resembles the XJ. WTF is up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by polarman View Post
              I fucking love scale 4x4 RC trucks. The only thing that sucks is that there is only one place in the world that you can get a XJ body. There is a guy in Germany that hand makes them for $400. That is why all of my RC trucks are wearing early Bronco bodies...

Did you ever notice that you never see a toy or model or anything that resembles the XJ. WTF is up with that?
              i know your frustration. but tamiya does make a yj, and a few companys make a scale trail chassis that is set for the wheel base and leaf sprung

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=809
              #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=909
                #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
                  i know your frustration. but tamiya does make a yj, and a few companys make a scale trail chassis that is set for the wheel base and leaf sprung

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=809

* Billet Jeep edition chassis
                  * D35 Narrow axle
                  * R2 Single speed transmission
                  * Punisher steel shaft
                  * Jeep edition leaf spring
                  * Aluminum wheels
                  * Scale 1.9 tires
                  * Billet body posts
                  * Full ball bearings
                  * Length: XX", Width: XX", Height: XX", Wheelbase: .5", Ground clearance: XX"
                  DO NOT WANT

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    DO NOT WANT
                    i know they even make scale replicas of actual axles all the dana series and even yotas.

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/index.php?cPath=19
                    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Working...
                    X