college?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• college?

what colleges have you attended or are you attending?

i just applied to my first college today- university of new hampshire

any advice for a future college student?
    1987 YJ
    I'm still learning...

do everything stupid that you want to do in your life now because you wont be able to later

except get herpes. cuz that shit stays with you forever
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

don't waste your money...

Comment

make sure its something that you really want to do. college isn't for everyone and it helps if you actually are interested in what you are studying.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

join the air force, they pay you to go to college. its a nice change of pace.

EDIT: ive gained more credits in 4 months of being in the air force than i gained going to college for 3 years. FTW
          winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            u forgot the part where you trade your soul into uncle samuel
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

hey hey, ill have most of my soul back after tech school. north dakota wheelin ftw? we will see.
              winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

i'm currently going to SUNY New Paltz...i'm graduating next semester

my advice...don't just apply to schools because they're 'pretty,' have a good party scene, or because you like the location...think about what field you are interested in and then find schools relevant to that. i know collegeboard.com used to have a survey you could fill out and it would help you narrow down choices by location, number of students, majors, etc. i'm sure they still have it up on their site.

do you play any sports? have a specific major in mind?

if you are seriously involved with school and know you can go away from home and not slack off and try and enjoy your classes, i highly suggest going away. some people can't deal with the 'freedom' you get when you go away and immediately fail out or transfer back home.
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

join the air force
                  know who this reminds me of?
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

The best advice I can give is don't pay for it. Find someone else to. There are thousands of scholarships and places that will pay for your school. Get your work to pay for it or find a job that will. I wouldn't have gone if I had to pay.

Comment

EDIT: ive gained more credits in 4 months of being in the air force than i gained going to college for 3 years. FTW
                      Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                      The best advice I can give is don't pay for it. Find someone else to. There are thousands of scholarships and places that will pay for your school. Get your work to pay for it or find a job that will. I wouldn't have gone if I had to pay.
                      actually that's exactly what i'm doing. i've already applied for an air force ROTC scholarship. the other schools i'm applying to in order of preference is norwich, uconn, wnec, and central.

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      i'm currently going to SUNY New Paltz...i'm graduating next semester

my advice...don't just apply to schools because they're 'pretty,' have a good party scene, or because you like the location...think about what field you are interested in and then find schools relevant to that. i know collegeboard.com used to have a survey you could fill out and it would help you narrow down choices by location, number of students, majors, etc. i'm sure they still have it up on their site.

do you play any sports? have a specific major in mind?

if you are seriously involved with school and know you can go away from home and not slack off and try and enjoy your classes, i highly suggest going away. some people can't deal with the 'freedom' you get when you go away and immediately fail out or transfer back home.
                      that's some good advice not going to play any sports in college. as for a major, some field of engineering, leaning towards electrical.
                      1987 YJ
                      I'm still learning...

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        u forgot the part where you trade your soul into uncle samuel

I went to UConn. It was an awesome time.

I studied mechanical engineering, and yes it was hard as hell. I knew this was what I wanted to do when I started school and I still want to be an engineer now that I'm done. I got a lot out of my education because I was able to pursue a field of study that closely aligns with my interests in life. I got involved in activities on campus, went to UConn football and basketball games, partied hard. I think for me college was an excellent experience.
                        Last edited by Danksters; 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM.
                        You're a ___________

Comment

I had a specific field in mind at the beginning of Senior Year in Highschool, sent what I needed to the Pennsylvania Gunsmith School in Pittsburgh, and by the first of Nov of my senior year, I was already accepted into the program.

Been working in the field for 4 years come this January and I don't regret it.

I knew college wasn't for me, sitting at a desk and in lecture halls is the fastest way to go to sleep and if I have to pay money to do that, then fuck college.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

x2 on what Nicole had to say. I'm going to Albright College in Pa, and thats def quite a ways from Ct, but I knew I wanted to go into education and thats why I chose Albright. For instance, here im doing a 4 + 1 masters degree program and getting my masters the year after i graduate w/ my bachelors. They also had a varsity level softball program. So think about what you want/enjoy doing and definitely make sure the school has those options open for you.
                            "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Make sure its somthing that you really want to study like ppl are saying..And prepare to have no life but to study..If ur not into it then dont even waste ur time and money. (Central Connecticut State University for mechanical engineering).
                              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Working...
                              X