No announcement yet.

To Re-center or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those rims wont get ya anywhere without the inserts... which it doesn't list if they come with the rim or not... but i dont see them in the pics
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
      and if ya search around a bit you can prolly find the rims cheaper than 60 a piece..
      i found 5 rims and the centers for 300 all together...
      guessing it was some random guy selling them off or was it from some sort of supplier?
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

some random chick on craigslist.... i know corey got his for a good deal too...
        some choose projects

Comment

he has 12 bolts with inserts but not 8 bolts oh well. at least i got a sweet spot to grab tires

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
            he has 12 bolts with inserts but not 8 bolts oh well. at least i got a sweet spot to grab tires
            http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...779576&page=35
            75 bucks a piece from this guy
            some choose projects

Comment

why must you stomp my dream ok so since so far in this thread you have answered every question. Then its time to put you to the test.

What setup do you think is a better idea?

and

Wheres another set of H1 rims for sale?

Comment

I would definitely look for a set of 12 bolts if possible, much more beefy all around.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                  I would definitely look for a set of 12 bolts if possible, much more beefy all around.
                  so grab the 12 bolts, and have them re-centered with the 8 lug pattern?

Comment

No, they are still an 8 lug wheel.

There are two style h1 rims. 8 bolt and 12 bolt. 8 bolts are the old school rims that have 8 bolts that hold the 2 piece rim together and are made for a bias ply tire. 12 bolts are a 90s and up rim that have 12 bolts that hold the 2 piece wheel together and are made stronger to be able to hold a radial tire.

Both have the same dimensions and share an 8 x 6.5 bolt pattern.

Comment

No, they are still an 8 lug wheel.

There are two style h1 rims. 8 bolt and 12 bolt. 8 bolts are the old school rims that have 8 bolts that hold the 2 piece rim together and are made for a bias ply tire. 12 bolts are a 90s and up rim that have 12 bolts that hold the 2 piece wheel together and are made stronger to be able to hold a radial tire.

Both have the same dimensions and share an 8 x 6.5 bolt pattern.
                      I did not know that....Thanks Corey

Comment

I have heard from a bunch of people on pirate that the 8-bolts burp air constantly.

/my contribution

Comment

12 bolt set it is... now...keep the 14b/D60 set up moving. Or look for a D70/dually front. I think i wanna have them re-centered. But I still wanna hear others opinions

Comment

Fuck the d70 thing, how many rigs out there run a d70? Stick with the 14b/60 combo. Just know that re-centering h1 rims is very labor intensive and makes the rim slightly weaker (not to say you will ever have a problem) and remember how much harder it will be to find tires in 16.5" sizes. What is wrong with leaving the h1 rims stock?

Comment

i dont think it will clear the high steer arms and i think i'd lose turning radius and gain rubbing, no?

Comment

Fuck the d70 thing, how many rigs out there run a d70? Stick with the 14b/60 combo. Just know that re-centering h1 rims is very labor intensive and makes the rim slightly weaker (not to say you will ever have a problem) and remember how much harder it will be to find tires in 16.5" sizes. What is wrong with leaving the h1 rims stock?
                                i fail to see how re-centering makes it weaker??.. unless ya do it wrong...
                                the only thing i have heard is the flat plate ones are week.. get the pressed ones and it will be strong, prolly stronger than a stock h1

recentering fucking sucked.. it took way longer than i wanted..
                                i would leave the rims stock and find a set of hi-steer arms that will clear them (my arms are fucking huge)

ive never messed with a 12 bolt one.. but i say wait till ya find a cheap set weather it be 12 or 8 bolt cuz they work the same.... just get rock rings cuz i fawked a couple bolts up allready

on with the axle combo... d60 and 14 bolt will be more than enough.... also look at the aftermarket world, im positive the 60 has WAY more goodies.... im pretty sure the 70 and 14 bolt have the same size shafts and you could prolly find a 14 bolt for cheap/free...
                                some choose projects

Comment

Working...
                                X