Some Tech School Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Tech School Questions

Who has gone to a Lincoln Tech or similar?? Did you like it?? Why or why not. Was it super expensive and ended up being a waste of time or do you actually learn a lot and do they help you with getting a job??

I'm really considering what i want to do with my life. And thinking about going to Lincoln Tech for welding and trying to get into an ironworkers or steel workers union afterwards. I just want to get some opinions about the tech schools, how they operate, and if people think that they really are beneficial for getting your foot through the door in a field that you have no real formal experience in.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

lincoln tech is pretty new. i went to new england tech and wouldnt reccomend it.

i did get a diploma out of it though
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

why wouldn't you recommend it? what about it was bad or you didn't like?
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

ahh dammit

ur making me think now.

some of the teachers didn't give a shit

it was MAD MONEY

it was a sausagefest

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
          ahh dammit

ur making me think now.

some of the teachers didn't give a shit

it was MAD MONEY

it was a sausagefest
          i think automotive tech and sausagefest are synonymous terms. lol
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

if you plan on joining the union dont do it.many of the unions will send you to school on there own.

Comment

I went to UTI granted it isnt and welding school. But at UTI there were alot of instructors who knew what they were talking about. And then there were those who didnt give a shit. I know my Uncle has been working at the same company Cianbro since he graduated from welding school years ago. He has said that there your first 90 days are really a training session to teach you the basics. Also it really cant hurt to call lincoln tech and get a flyer or some more info from them.
              Last edited by OTTE; 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM.
              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

chris (customjob) went to lincoln tech and thinks it was a complete waste of time
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

I went to Penn Tech and I liked the classes a lot actually. def a good start to the auto career for someone starting at the bottom. However, you still learn a lot of stuff even if you have a good basis, but you wont get as much out of it. And Williamsport PA sucks ass

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                    I went to Penn Tech and I liked the classes a lot actually. def a good start to the auto career for someone starting at the bottom. However, you still learn a lot of stuff even if you have a good basis, but you wont get as much out of it. And Williamsport PA sucks ass
                    your rear wheel sucks ass
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                      your rear wheel sucks ass
                      you suck ass

Comment

Went to Baran Institute of Technology in east windsor,ct. The school was a joke and a waste of money. Some teachers didn't care about anything and were not very knowledgeable. Pretty stupid rules. Went for Auto Tech

Comment

I went to Wyotech for auto tech and chassis fabrication, I enjoyed it. Every instructor in auto tech were an ASE master tech in the field they were teaching and were all really knowledgeable and helpful people. Chassis Fab was an awesome class, if your curious check out my Rumbler project thread.
                          Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

I went to Porter And Chester, got certified in AutoCAD, but I wouldn't recommend it. It turns out to be just an annoying, expensive, fallback plan.
                            Like Sam said... The teachers don't give a shit, they're just regular professionals (in whatever field you take) that need an extra buck.

I wouldn't do it.
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
                              I went to Wyotech for auto tech and chassis fabrication, I enjoyed it. Every instructor in auto tech were an ASE master tech in the field they were teaching and were all really knowledgeable and helpful people. Chassis Fab was an awesome class, if your curious check out my Rumbler project thread.
                              6 of my friends went to wyotech, 5 of them opted not to take chassis fab. 3 of them feel it was a waste of money. The other 3 felt they learned a bunch.

Another friend went to UTI and now works for porshe. He enjoys life.
                              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X