Microsoft - 0, Best Buy - 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
    I see your point, but if I go through best buy like said above and get a 2 yr. replacement guarantee I'll be content.

If it breaks in the meantime, I get another free one.

If it breaks after 2 yrs, I probably wont give a fawk because by 2012 I'm sure there will be something bigger and better.
    True. I didn't get mine through best buy sadly or I'd be all over it too.

I got mine through Gamestop and it seems recently they got rid of all the competent people that work there so I'm going to stop going there anyway.

Steam FTW.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
      I didnt pay anything because i paid extra for BEST BUYS 2 year replacement warranty. They were packaging mine to be sent to their repair service to be resold as refurbished.
      Nope, trust me you didnt pay because Microsoft paid Best Buy for the defective unit. They did a good job of making it look real good for you though

RROD was covered under Microsoft manufacture warranty for 3 years. Honestly there is no reason to buy Best Buys warranty in the first place because in reality Microsofts covered more.

It is also called Black Tie now, not replacement plan.

Things that are good to get Best Buys plan on...

ANYTHING IN THE STORE EXCEPT TVs and GAMING SYSTEMS. Rock band/guitar hero and hand held gaming YES. Just trying to give you some useful advice brah
      You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

it really doesnt matter, i know what i paid for and that was hassle free service and convenience. Whatever best buy does with it after i leave same day with a new console is there own business and i could really care less. I dont have the patients to wait 6+ weeks to send it out to Microsoft directly.
        Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

it really doesnt matter, i know what i paid for and that was hassle free service and connivence. Whatever best buy does with it after i leave same day with a new console is there own business and i could really care less. I dont have the patients to wait 6+ weeks to send it out to Microsoft directly.
          Then do it up, Covies gotta get killed.
          sigpic

Comment

it really doesnt matter, i know what i paid for and that was hassle free service and connivence. Whatever best buy does with it after i leave same day with a new console is there own business and i could really care less. I dont have the patients to wait 6+ weeks to send it out to Microsoft directly.
            lol ADVICE! They still swap it in store, its called the rapid exchange policy they have set up with Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
              lol ADVICE! They still swap it in store, its called the rapid exchange policy they have set up with Microsoft.
              As far as i know thats a newish policy.

at any rate i really dont care. I dont claim to be an expert with these things, i just go off what i was told and if it wasnt the truth oh well thats all i have to go by, and it still worked out well for me.
              Last edited by blakdot; 11-03-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

As far as i know thats a newish policy.
                negative. You would of qualified for it, I know because you had the old plan.

Comment

negative. You would of qualified for it, I know because you had the old plan.
                  I didnt qualify for it because i was put on the phone with the corporate office while i was in best buy tonight and they looked up the date of purchase and went through all my information to varify, and they told me it was purchased before that policy started and that i had to do an instore exchange.

When i was initially trying to do the exchange tonight and i gave the clerk my receipt for the 2 year replacement, He said "this might be a rapid exchange but your purchase date is to close to when that started so I need to call the corporate office to varify." He was on hold for a while and then he gave the phone to me to verify a bunch of information and then he said I didnt qualify for that and that i was still in the old policy for in store exchange.

You may be right but all I can go by is what i was told.
                  Last edited by blakdot; 11-03-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I didnt qualify for it because i was put on the phone with the corporate office while i was in best buy tonight and they looked up the date of purchase and went through all my information to varify, and they told me it was purchased before that policy started and that i had to do an instore exchange.
                    Commence baby punching.
                    sigpic

Comment

ugh, in store exchange is the quick exchange. The reason you didnt have to pay for your new policy is because they DIDNT USE YOUR OLD ONE. When they returned it they simply picked the Manufacture return icon on the screen, the computer does it all. TRUST ME, if they used it they would of asked you to PURCHASE a new one. I was simply trying to give you advice for future purchases. Best Buys protection plans are amazing, but the one thing you never get it on is XBOX 360s because they are always replaced thru Microsoft.

I was a supervisor at Best Buy, and my 2nd position there was Operations Supervisor. I was the guy that when someone didnt like a policy when they were returning something and asked for a manager I came and clearly explained it to them, I had to know all the polices very well.

Im not downing Best Buy at all, its my favorite store and Im in there all the time. I was just trying to help you out.

Comment

yea thats the guy i was dealing with tonight. He told me rapid exchange involved them packaging my return and microsoft overnight shipping me a new console tomorrow.

Like i said, I believe you. I'm not an expert and i'm just regurgitating what was told to me tonight.

Comment

Its all good, they always just swap Xboxs out in the store though, its all because of the RROD. I dunno wtf that guy was talking about.

In the end its good you still get your protection plan though, im not sure if the new xboxs have the same manufacture warranty due to the new board in them.

Comment

Its all good, they always just swap Xboxs out in the store though, its all because of the RROD. I dunno wtf that guy was talking about.

In the end its good you still get your protection plan though, im not sure if the new xboxs have the same manufacture warranty due to the new board in them.
                            If i understood correctly, they do not.

Comment

If i understood correctly, they do not.
                              Then its good they didnt use yours, cuz now you got on yo new one

and our whole discussion was pointless, but it entertained me for about 30 mins

Comment

So wtf should I do this week when I pick up my elite? Do I pay extra for the best buy replacement, or just say fuck it and hope Microsoft covers it?

Comment

Working...
                                X