Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelite chainsaw

Im in the market for a chainsaw.

went looking today and found a few I liked.

I was thinking about a 18" 46cc Husqavarna 445, which i really liked.

or an 18" Echo (Cant remember the model number now. similar stats to the Husqy)

and then there was this Homelite 18" 42cc model.

I havent heard anything about Homelite... ever, so i dont know if they are crap or not.

What I do like about it is the following:
    similar motor size, half the price of the other two, and its only 9 pounds as opposed to 10 and change with the other two. also comes in a hard case.

Not sure about the reliability of it tho. also it features a tooless chain tensioner, which i cant tell if it would be a good feature or crap. im thinking its crap and just a selling point.

anyone have any insight on these? let me know. thanks.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

spend the extra few bucks and get a Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20". more power and you can find them for around $395 bucks

Homelite used to make pretty good chainsaws but now they arent anything special. If you are gonna get a saw I saw go with the Husq 455 rancher (which you can get in an 18" if you want) or a Stihl 029.

If you have any other questions about husqvarnas let me know I sell them

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Go get a Husky from a REAL dealer not a "box store".Be sure to get one with a METAL crank case also.Modern Homelites are total shit by the way.Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by THEPATRIOT View Post
        Go get a Husky from a REAL dealer not a "box store".Be sure to get one with a METAL crank case also.Modern Homelites are total shit by the way.Good luck!
        depends which model you get for the husqvarnas. the "homeowner series" does have a metal crankcase. and they cost anywhere from about 200-300 bucks or so. The "Landowner series" cost about 310-530 ish but are built a lot tougher. The "Professional series" saws use a magnesium crankcase and are built to be run all day long every day. They are beefy. But cost anywhere from 500-1750 bucks. Husqvarna chainsaws run at rediculous RPMs and thats what makes them do the job so well. The "Rancher" saws also use a lighter "farm tough" bar. The 455 and 460 ranchers are a perfect all around saw. They are powerful enough to cut think stuff but also light enough for around the yard usage

Comment

be a man and chop the wood with your beard
          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

my grandfather has this tiny little 18" homelite saw its gotta be like 30+ years old. shit still cuts fucking mint. had it at the trail cut the last time i went ask caleb or dillon. starts everytime. husq are a better saw but thats just my .02 on the homelites
            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
              my grandfather has this tiny little 18" homelite saw its gotta be like 30+ years old. shit still cuts fucking mint. had it at the trail cut the last time i went ask caleb or dillon. starts everytime. husq are a better saw but thats just my .02 on the homelites
              some people collect old homelites. Some are worth hundreds of dollars and the old ones did work really well. but now homelite is more a "homeowner" type saw comparable to something you can buy at lowes or home depot.

Comment

i got an old homelite and it cuts very well, the handle is plastic with a metal piece in the middle and that broke over the years and had to fix it with some metal reinforcements. my father has a new Husqavarna 455 (52cc) saw and that thing is amazing cuts thru everything like butter
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

love my husky cuts like a bastard and is a 5hp that reves to 14k no load

Comment

Heat my house with wood and own 10 wooded acres... STIHL
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

stihl or husky, screw that shitbox homeslice..

Comment

One word = STIHL

Comment

Working...
                        X