The very definition of Hate. "Stop Thrillcraft" - an anti-OHV community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
    exactly. I might have been one of those sheep, but I took a soils class last semester that covered a lot of the bullshit the guy was spewing in that video.

It's all about the way he presents things. He mentions that ORV's cause all this damage but he says nothing about the natural things that do the exact same thing. It's really misleading.
    And that is exactly what his goal is.

Comment

"Each year in our national forests, thousands of "responsible" hikers deficate with no intention to clean it up. this in turn poisons our water supply and the carbon dioxide produced thins our ozone layer"

see i can make them look bad too
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Treehuggers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
        OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

i remember seeing this site a while ago.. probably off JF or something..

my viewpoint is, there are about as many crazy people who want to stop "thrillcraft" as there are people who do it. which is like 1/4 of the population of this country... not a lot. the majority of people simply dont care, either bc they genuinely dont care or because they dont pay attention enough to notice either way.

and there is zero way in hell or on any planet in the universe that you can change the mind of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
            i remember seeing this site a while ago.. probably off JF or something..

my viewpoint is, there are about as many crazy people who want to stop "thrillcraft" as there are people who do it. which is like 1/4 of the population of this country... not a lot. the majority of people simply dont care, either bc they genuinely dont care or because they dont pay attention enough to notice either way.

and there is zero way in hell or on any planet in the universe that you can change the mind of these people.
            i agree with your stats and mindset entirely, but the idea isnt to change the mind of the nuts, its to display a case (other side of the story) to the people who actually make the decisions on the land. AND private land owners who currently allow OHV access, or are thinking about it.

if youre someone in charge of closing land, or someone who can influence that, and you have no knowledge of either side, but all u hear are these 'facts' from the greenie nuts, naturally that is a major influence.

changing a "greenie's' mind is just as likely as a greenie changing our mind, i could care less how they feel, because like you said...its painfully biased/ignorant/unchangable
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

right, the treadlightly mindset is something that isnt wildly publicized. however, the fact that competitions exist, with full-throttle attempts on obstacles, fluids being spilt, fires, pieces of broken shit going everywhere... it isn't too much of a positive case for our cause. not saying it isnt awesome but the majority of people will think twice about calling that "environmentally safe."

both sides are so insanely against one another 90% of the time it hurts both arguments immensely.

but a sweet OHV/Club cleanups/people with cute babies in onesies and a hat with a furry ball on top eating hamburgers on the trail and dogs catching frisbees with CCR's "down on the corner" playing on a jeep radio while cruising over some dirt road and everyone smiling would be a nice piece to showcase.

Comment

in the end it just becomes a big propaganda game, we just gotta make a cooler looking package.

on board!
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

"This map represents almost all of the paved and unpaved roads in the United States. The significance of this map is not the density of the roads —although that is impressive— but how few lands there are without any roads. In fact, the farthest point one can get from a road is a mere 22 miles"

I think one can be farther than 22 miles from a road..any one else agree?
                  99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

hack into website? re-direct the domain somewhere else?
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by AUSHii View Post

counting all undeveloped, unpaved, unmaintained, and park roads i think it sounds fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                        wow

i cant beleive the "myths" page

most are factual
                        seriously I just read those too thats rediculous

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          in the end it just becomes a big propaganda game, we just gotta make a cooler looking package.

you wont believe how slow that site is.

Comment

Originally posted by AUSHii View Post
                            Alaska
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post

you wont believe how slow that site is.
                              THE START OF CHANGE STARTS NOW
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

dude, i was an environmental science major, doing conservation work and stuff, and the actual impact of ORV's is minimal compared to the natural degradation. the earth's been changing for four billion years, who's to say that all of a sudden it has to stop changing because they say so? idk about you guys, but i dont wanna lose my trail cuz some asshat doesnt like the sound my jeep makes when it starts.
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X