Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
    lol i was thinking the same thing.

almost looks like they took rockcrusher diff hats and redid the nameplate.

Pretty sure it's the same company but had to change names for complications, cause I ordered rockcrusher back in the day and got solid covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
      you guys like those ribbed ones better than the plate ones from ruff stuff/baliistic/BTF?

No, that is why I own 3 Ruff Stuff Covers instead of 3 SOLID covers, but it is a nice price..

Got a new 44 that might need some protection...
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
        you guys like those ribbed ones better than the plate ones from ruff stuff/baliistic/BTF?
        both are strong enough for whatever you put it through

solid covers also come with bolts and rtv.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I'll give someone 10 bucks if they can manage to explode a generic aftermarket dif cover.

Find the cheapest fawkin one you can find. I don't see why there is a huge love affair for 3/8" thick covers

Personally I think the ARB ones are the kewlest. They include a magnet at the bottom to keep shavings away from the gears, and have a handy dip stick.

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
            yeh.. another why i went with a weld together kit for my 14 bolt.
            eventually one day ill cut that thing down.

and that pinion guard.... i want
            That pinion guard, with the 1410 pinion yoke with fucking U-BOLTS instead of straps from High Angle Driveline=

Have you seen this shaved 14B thread on pirate, it's the best tech on the subject ever. Has good ideas to prevent peel up and leaks too:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753139

If you know someone with a lathe, you can safely turn the ring gear down 1/2" in diameter without causing any problems. Of course you probably already know all this shit.
            You're a ___________

Comment

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                I'll give someone 10 bucks if they can manage to explode a generic aftermarket dif cover.

Find the cheapest fawkin one you can find. I don't see why there is a huge love affair for 3/8" thick covers

Personally I think the ARB ones are the kewlest. They include a magnet at the bottom to keep shavings away from the gears, and have a handy dip stick.
                I managed to explode and destroy an aftermarket diff cover. It was a warn-knock off half cover and I hit the thing so fucking hard, it ripped out 2 bolts and was just as crooked as a fucking ostrich in a blender.

Why do I have a love affair with 3/8 covers? Because I actually fucking wheel and bash my jeep into shit and when I do, I don't want my gears to get fucked. I own 3 Ruff Stuff covers and a 3/8 Cast Iron cover. What do I have to worry about now?
                Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

someone owes someone 10 bucks
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    I managed to explode and destroy an aftermarket diff cover. It was a warn-knock off half cover and I hit the thing so fucking hard, it ripped out 2 bolts and was just as crooked as a fucking ostrich in a blender.

Why do I have a love affair with 3/8 covers? Because I actually fucking wheel and bash my jeep into shit and when I do, I don't want my gears to get fucked.
                    that was not a diff cover, that was a rinky dinky diff cover armor thing.

and sam was spotting you then

that asshole made sure you hit the rock at 20 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                      that was not a diff cover, that was a rinky dinky diff cover armor thing.

and sam was spotting you then

that asshole made sure you hit the rock at 20 mph
                      Still a differential Cover. If I bolt your face to my differential, it is considered a differential Cover.

Oh and FUCK TOMBSTONE.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why do I have a love affair with 3/8 covers? Because I actually fucking wheel and bash my jeep into shit and when I do, I don't want my gears to get fucked.
                        I just like the extra security. I mean it is protecting your ring gear after all, why not beef the shit out of it and be done.
                        You're a ___________

Comment

Still a differential Cover. If I bolt your face to my differential, it is considered a differential Cover.

Oh and FUCK TOMBSTONE.
                          i have had no misfortunes on tombstone

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                            i have had no misfortunes on tombstone
                            And now you will.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was a warn-knock off half cover
                              Not what I was talking about. I'm talking about an actual replacement cover for the stock one.

Comment

And now you will.
                                ill go there next time and own the shit outta it

we gotta see if the broken parts shrine has grown too

Comment

Working...
                                X