Buy or not to buy, WJ inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy or not to buy, WJ inside

2001 limited for my new dd tow rig, $5500, 145000 miles, 4.7 with tow package and every option you can think of.

Sale or no sale? For the guys who have em what do you think about them?

wawa we wa
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Personally I look at this and think

"Are you starting a family?"

It's a really nice SUV, but I don't know if I'd drop the cash on it.
      -Matt
      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
        Personally I look at this and think

"Are you starting a family?"

It's a really nice SUV, but I don't know if I'd drop the cash on it.
        coming from a kid who owns an xj
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I love mine, the 4.7 is fun to drive. It pulls my 5000lb+ boat on a tandem axle trailer with out a problem, stopping it however is another story....I'm sure the lack of trailer brakes isn't helping me. I tow the boat twice a year less then 100yds from the ramp to it's winter storage spot so I'm not to worried about it. The only problems i have had in the 4 years of owning it are power steering pump had to be replaced, an annoying electrical problem that I have yet to figure out...sometimes the interior lights come on for no reason at all and stay on till I wiggle the switch, and then alarm going off when I use the key to unlock the door. I average about 13.5mpg with a heavy foot. It is a great dd compared to my XJ.

Comment

hmmm. would be a nice for a dd/tow rig though the price is iffy. petes has 5k more miles and was 1200 cheaper. though if that isn't an issue i say go for it
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

For what we use it for I like ours a lot. We avg 17 mpg with the V8 and I normally cruise at about 80 to and from work everyday. They arent that big inside if you are looking for inside space. it is a mid size SUV though. Never hauled anything with it except on the inside. I personally think you could find a better deal on one though. I looked A LOT when we got ours and that seems high if you ask me with that many miles. I was finding them around a 100k miles for 6k. We paid 9400 for ours. Had like 58k on it when we got it.

Overall I really like it. 2004 with 75000 on it.
              Last edited by Saharicon; 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM.
              You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

get a pickup to tow shit with, that way you have a bed to haul around shit in.

Comment

why dont you just get an actual tow rig for a tow rig for once
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

if this was a wk diesel i'd say sure for a towrig.
                    Last edited by giantsfan10; 10-09-2009, 06:19 PM. Reason: i can't spells

Comment

id like to get my wife one. im looking at either a newer zj or one of these. she drives a pos 2000 stratus that i hate putting my kid in during the winter. damn front wheel drive non 4x4 poop
                      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I just got mine for 4350 with 150k and its a 2000 Limited so you should be able to get a little better deal than that. I love mine tho, the 4.7 is awesome. And the limited is beautiful inside with all of the doodads. Heated seats, sunroof, tinting rearview/drivers side view mirror, infinity stereo, etc is all awesome. As a DD it is incredible. It drives amazingly too
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Thanks for the replies, glad I asked. After looking around I agree that's too much, I'm going to look at a couple tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

I get around 17 MPG. Great for a DD & driving around in the winter. I can imagine it being a pain in the ass to tow with. Don't think accelerating would be a huge issue, but braking probably would be. I've had mine for... over 7 years now - not many mechanical issues over the years.
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

The MPG's are decent too. I was cruising at 55 theother day with the cruise control on and the computer said I was getting 22-23 mpg. It says i average 17 tho
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X