I Hate Cops....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Cops....

2:30 am on my way home from work.... not hurting anyone or anything, obeying all traffic laws.

and bam..... pulled over for the stupid center brake light....
    20 minutes later i'm handed a $93 ticket for not displaying a front liscense plate, which was sitting on my backseat.... and i recieve a lecture about how he could have given me many more offenses like tires sticking out past the fenders, or lack there of fenders, then how i don't have mudflaps. then i'm questioned about the possible possesion of drugs and weapons.... great time

the real point is..... how do i get away with not paying this and not have this cop out on a personal vendetta against me once he finds out i dodged it???
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

How do you plan on getting out of it? Your brake light was out and you have no front license plate. Even if you fixed those two things between now and if you chose to appear in court, and it would only be your word against the cops, and they aren't going to side with you. Doesn't sound like the cop was reallying being a dick at all.

Trust me, the cop is not on any sort of personal vendetta against you. He wrote you a ticket because its his job. 2 months down the road he isn't going to go "Yes! that kid I pulled over in a jeep at 2:30 in the morning finally paid his ticket! HAHAHA!" The only possible way he would know the outcome of this situation is if you chose to fight it, and he'll get the summons to court.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

It's too bad you don't ride a unicycle.... Or the cops would have all called each other to come ride.
      Trust.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

he was being a dick.......

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Fight it, They'll cut the fine in half, cop wont show to court.
          /end thread

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
            Fight it, They'll cut the fine in half, cop wont show to court.
            /end thread
            93$ is pretty cheap for a ticket. They'll probably say "why did you try and fight this, its less than 100$. Pay the whole thing". There aren't many traffic offenses that results in any LESS of a fine that they could possibly reduce it to.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

i can't believe that a front plate is a traffic offense..... please tell me i'm not getting a point on my lisence for something this fucking stupid.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Same thing happened to me dude. Got a ticket for it too.
                2000 XJ
                2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

put the plate in your windshield and not on you're back fucking seat...then you wouldnt of gotten that ticket. just fight it. pay what they tell you to pay and go about your life
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                  Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                  he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                  Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                  i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Mine is under my backseat, so you're a step ahead of me.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                      put the plate in your windshield and not on you're back fucking seat...then you wouldnt of gotten that ticket. just fight it. pay what they tell you to pay and go about your life
                      this

its not worth it dude. such a pain in the ass to save a couple bucks. your not getting out of it.

i didn't pay parking tickets and a couple months down the road i had cops knockin on my door to take me to passaic county jail. not fun

just pay it and move on
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

cop was out to give you a ticket for something. Im pretty sure in CT you only need 2 brakes lights in the rear functioning and all is well. so you being pulled over for a "3rd" brake light out is crappy reason to begin with. Now as to the front plate, you could fight it and say you never knew it was illegal to not display a front plate as you seen many other cars without one. Tell the prosecutor you have since put it on your front bumper.

The main thing to look at is if the court throws it out , your still going to pay like a $50 court processing fee and then take into account how many hours your waiting in line to see etc. by all means if you dont mind waiting in line then fight it. Worse that could happen is they make you pay it + court fee.
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                          cop was out to give you a ticket for something. Im pretty sure in CT you only need 2 brakes lights in the rear functioning and all is well. so you being pulled over for a "3rd" brake light out is crappy reason to begin with. Now as to the front plate, you could fight it and say you never knew it was illegal to not display a front plate as you seen many other cars without one. Tell the prosecutor you have since put it on your front bumper.
                          If your vehicle was equipped with the light from the factory, it needs to be in working order.

And ignorance of the law is not an excuse for not having a front license plate. Not to mention the fact that its pretty widely known, since well, 99.99999% of other vehicles in the state have them.
                          2000 XJ
                          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Pay the ticket, fix your brake light and throw the plate on the dashboard. $93 isn't worth the hassle of taking a day off of work and going to court let alone dealing with all the sleezy rif raf that you find in those places.
                            06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              How do you plan on getting out of it? Your brake light was out and you have no front license plate. Even if you fixed those two things between now and if you chose to appear in court, and it would only be your word against the cops, and they aren't going to side with you. Doesn't sound like the cop was reallying being a dick at all.

Trust me, the cop is not on any sort of personal vendetta against you. He wrote you a ticket because its his job. 2 months down the road he isn't going to go "Yes! that kid I pulled over in a jeep at 2:30 in the morning finally paid his ticket! HAHAHA!" The only possible way he would know the outcome of this situation is if you chose to fight it, and he'll get the summons to court.
                              tell that to sam
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X