No announcement yet.

VW TDI Jettas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW is supposed to be releasing a new TDi Golf soon. Smaller = cheaper and better mileage than a Jetta.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have plans to release the Golf Bluemotion in the US (70+ MPG!), probably because it wouldn't pass US emission standards or something. The Europeans get all the fun toys.

Comment

Im not a big fan of golfs so probably not. I do like the Audi A3s though, but probably a little expensive.

I was just looking at a TDI forum, they have contest to see who gets the best mpg every month. Guys were running 60s mpg across the board and even a couple 70s. CRAZY!!
      You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

One of my teachers ar school had a Honda Insight and his best was 72 i think but he averages mid 60s. freakin nuts

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

use cardboard for better mpg's

I drive a Datsun

Comment

TDI's are freakin sweet. I've never heard anything bad about them. There is a guy in town that has one and its Bio-diesel. It has a badge on the back so it says BIO TDI 300k
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

I can't really give any input on the VW diesels, but generally speaking I think that Volkswagons suck serious maggot infested, pus and scab encrusted donkey dick.Fucking junk. I had bought a Passat for my wife and it was the worst car we ever had. It looked nice and drove nice, but every time something broke I had to take a loan out to get it back from the shop.VW parts are stupid expensive and they are not very reliable in my oppinion. But that's just my experience.
              Hitler's revenge=VW

Comment

Originally posted by polarman View Post
                I can't really give any input on the VW diesels, but generally speaking I think that Volkswagons suck serious maggot infested, pus and scab encrusted donkey dick.Fucking junk. I had bought a Passat for my wife and it was the worst car we ever had. It looked nice and drove nice, but every time something broke I had to take a loan out to get it back from the shop.VW parts are stupid expensive and they are not very reliable in my oppinion. But that's just my experience.
                Hitler's revenge=VW
                the passat and A6 (same car) are electrical nightmares. complete piles of shit. golfs and jettas though, while expensive to maintain, are good vehicles. also the diesels are great motors
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

I had a friedn with a TDI Golf and he would always get around 50 mpg. And he really didnt have to many issuse with the car.
                  2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                  1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

my dad has an 04 TDI with around 200k on it. He drives it 120 miles back and forth to work every day and averages about 52 mpg. They are very nice cars and will treat you good as long as you treat them good and dont beat on them. Maintenance is quite important on them and can get pretty expensive too. I have definitely been impressed by it and its fun to drive.
                    99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

the tdi is the best yet if you put a "tune" in them you can get seriously good mpg and good power my bet bud has a 4 door golf tdi with 200k on it and is pushing 250 hp and 400lb of torque it flies and still gets 50mpg

Comment

why not pick up a cheap civic for 1-2k and run it, cheap insurance, parts and mod pretty much everything on them. I still have the civic I got from alex (burton) and I went to old orchard beach maine and back on 1 tank of gas (avg 38mpg).
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by polarman View Post
                          I suck serious maggot infested, pus and scab encrusted donkey dick.
                          fixed
                          Last edited by Danksters; 09-25-2009, 10:25 PM.
                          You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                            One of my teachers ar school had a Honda Insight and his best was 72 i think but he averages mid 60s. freakin nuts
                            I fucking hate the insight.

I say you grab an 80's mercedes benz 300D or 300SD. They are generally pretty cheap and reliable. I have an '84 300SD With 369,000 miles on it and it still gets 30+ mpg's
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                              fixed
                              HEY!

Comment

I owned an 05' TDI Golf. I loved it. Then they did something to the fuel and I dropped down to around 35 mpg. I heard the new TDI's love the new fuel and they get around 50+ MPG. I would do a Diesel again in a heartbeat. I hear rumor of a diesel Wrangler. If I could afford it I would jump all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X