VW TDI Jettas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW TDI Jettas?

Does anybody know anything about these? As far as how long they last, are they a good car? With my new job I commute a lot and need something that goods gas milege but dont want to spend a lot on a car thats going to be used just for work commute. I see they avg 45 mpg which is good. I know diesel motors are known to run forever but I dunno about VW ones?

No I dont want a hybrid cuz they are expensive cars to get and I was just looking at them and they dont really get much better mpg except for something like the prius which I would never drive.
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

They are a very simple diesel. Direct injection, mostly mechanical motor. Convert it to bio-diesel and you can see MPS's around the 50's. I think they're great
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

they'll never die and u can drive to california on a tank of gas. if u have the opportunity then def pick one up
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

make sure the timing belt is changed at normal maintenance intervals.

Comment

I figure right now im spending about $15 dollars in gas just to get to work and back in 1 day.

With this I would spend about $5 a day to get to work and back. Maybe even lighten it up(take everything out of it) for better mpg? Would be a huge saving over a year.

That would save me aprox. $3650 dollars a year just on work commute.

Comment

do it. i would. /discussion

Comment

THey are awesome.....I have seen people get 55mpgs with them but average is about 50 which still kicks ass. They last a while, have pretty good power, and are a great DD

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Anything to do to them to get better mpg? like engine stuff or anything? Be a fun little project just to see how good of mpg I could get out of it.

Comment

Edge and Bully dog make programmers for them as well as others. Intakes, exhaust etc. you can get injectors for them too

http://www.xtremediesel.com/volkswagen19ltdi.aspx

Comment

yea they're great cars just make sure the timing belt is changed and it will last

Comment

the only problem with them is getting them cheap and getting them with under 200k when buying used. people who have em love em and rarely get rid of em.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        the only problem with them is getting them cheap and getting them with under 200k when buying used. people who have em love em and rarely get rid of em.
                        You can find them with prob around 100-130k miles but yes they are expensive. and the old boxey ones are ugly too

Comment

I was finding them with 110k or less, in the 7k to 9k range. That doesnt seem bad to me for something that gets that good of mpg. If you think about it, just that investment would pay for it self in 2 years pretty much compared to my mpg now.

Comment

thats not too bad of a price, 'round here theyre $5-7 for ones close to or above 200k fucking hippies.

Comment

YOu looking at the golfs tdi too then or just the jetta?

Comment

Working...
                              X