Brake Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Check

so im still having some bleeding problems with the new rear disk brake kit and zj valve, but if i pump them i can get them to act normal. so i decided to check how well they'd work in an emergency application and slammed on the brakes; without the tires screeching i went from 45 to 0 in about 2 jeep lengths on 35s. id say thats not bad, anyone have any comparable situations?

also anyone have any tricks to bleed all the air out? standard farthest to closest bleeding isnt really working for me, i had heard you can open all the valves and let the fluid run and keep filling the reservoir and eventually all the air will come out, i dont know how thatd work tho cause the air could just come back up into the caliper... any suggestions?
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Put something on the brake to hold it down overnight. The air should work its way to the res.
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

ill give it a shot, thanks
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

is the e-brake hooked up?

the caddy eldorado calipers need a functioning e-brake to adjust properly.
        with new pads i can get all 4's to lock up 37's at highway speeds
        yes its scaweee

with gear oil pissin on the pads though its a different story
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

How do I know if I need drums or just shoes? I don't have the space to leave my jeep on jackstands, I need to buy the parts and get them installed.

There isn't a terrible grinding noise when I brake (usually), but if I drive and slam on the brakes, only the fronts lock up and skid.
          -Matt
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X