soda tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting facts:
    A large Coke has more calories than a McDonalds cheeseburger (310 vs 300).
    Look it up for yourself:
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri...itionfacts.pdf

I stopped drinking soda when I learned that. Haven't had any in years.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
      I can't wait until the government will take a piss for me. That will save me a lot of hassle in my busy schedule.
      They already have that. It's called a foley catheter and you can probably get one installed under Obamacare.

The only problem with it is that it's like every other government service:
      It seems like such a good idea until you actually get it, then you realize that it's really more pain than it's worth but you can't get rid of it.

Edit: BTW, don't look up "foley catheter" on Wikipedia to see what it is. Most definitely NSFW, and probably also NSAE (Not Safe After Eating).
      Last edited by Paco Lopez; 09-18-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

raise it, or make it whatever. i don't drink soda. raise the beer tax anymore and i might have to start splittin wigs.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Paco Lopez View Post
          They already have that. It's called a foley catheter and you can probably get one installed under Obamacare.

The only problem with it is that it's like every other government service:
          It seems like such a good idea until you actually get it, then you realize that it's really more pain than it's worth but you can't get rid of it.

Edit: BTW, don't look up "foley catheter" on Wikipedia to see what it is. Most definitely NSFW, and probably also NSAE (Not Safe After Eating).
          yeah but then I have bags of piss everywhere. Not cool.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
            raise it, or make it whatever. i don't drink soda. raise the beer tax anymore and i might have to start splittin wigs.
            It shouldn't be raised out of principal. Its someones individual right to chose weather or not they want to drink soda or not. We don't need the goverment to tax soda because they got themselves into a financial pickle, and now need to tax things and justify it as a sin tax.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

see i feel this way on things like tobacco and alcohol, it is a sin tax. 60% of what you pay for any alcoholic item at a package store is tax. and lets not even go into tobacco, thank god i don't smoke but if i did........ it costs roughly 6.50 for a pack of cigarettes in this country, go somewhere else, duty free and tax free and it costs 1.50. that's 5 dollars of tax on one pack of cigarettes. both of these are nothing but sin taxes, ohhh you smoke shame on you lets make you pay this tax. honestly 12 cents more for a can of soda is nothing. they want to place a tax on anything plastic made, because its petroleum based and hurts the environment..... the whole thing is way outta wack
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                It shouldn't be raised out of principal. Its someones individual right to chose weather or not they want to drink soda or not. We don't need the goverment to tax soda because they got themselves into a financial pickle, and now need to tax things and justify it as a sin tax.
                I agree with you completely, and this is why I think Obamacare is the biggest threat to individual liberty this country has ever seen.

Ideally everyone should be able to make their own choices and deal with the consequences, however once you have taxpayer money involved in healthcare the entire tax base has to deal with the consequences of your decisions.

You smoke cigarettes, get lung cancer, and my tax dollars pay for your chemo.
                You drink alcohol, destroy your liver, and my tax dollars pay for your liver transplant.
                You drink soda, get fat and diabetic, and my tax dollars pay for your insulin and quadruple bypass surgery.

I choose not to drink alcohol, smoke, or eat garbage until I get fat, and if I have to pay for the consequences of your decisions anyways you can bet your ass I'm going to want to have a say in what you can and can't do.

Comment

Soda is fucking nasty, rots your teeth, and is totally bad for you. So I don't give a shit if they tax that and fast food out of business, cause I don't eat/drink that crap.
                  You're a ___________

Comment

thanks obama
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Working...
                    X