Opinions on teh l4nd r0v3r...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
    why are all the stickers backwards on the bottom one?
    Mirror-Vision.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      those are the sex. just make sure you get one with coils and not air suspension.

explain that statement, why are they? Stock lockers?
      2001 TJ
      2001 Tahoe
      2013 M3
      1986 R65
      1997 Blackbird
      2013 R1200GS

Comment

Originally posted by loudobbs View Post
        explain that statement, why are they? Stock lockers?
        i just think theyre sick looking

no land rover has had factory lockers to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

just pray the transmission never goes on one if you buy it
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

those are the sex. just make sure you get one with coils and not air suspension.
            ha if I had a dime for every time I saw a land rover sagged like 8 inches lower in the rear, I'd have a shit load of dimes.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

There is no "Stock Locker" to speak of in any Land Rover vehicle! Toyota Tacomas have a Rear Locker and the Jeep Rubicons have true Lockers. Land Rovers have "Diff Lock" which locks the center differential which enables the power of the engine to be split 50%to the front axle, and the other 50% to the rear axle. So in other words true four wheel drive unlike putting a Ford Explorer in 4x4!
              HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
              OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALUMINUMCRAWLER View Post
                There is no "Stock Locker" to speak of in any Land Rover vehicle! Toyota Tacomas have a Rear Locker and the Jeep Rubicons have true Lockers. Land Rovers have "Diff Lock" which locks the center differential which enables the power of the engine to be split 50%to the front axle, and the other 50% to the rear axle. So in other words true four wheel drive unlike putting a Ford Explorer in 4x4!
                Well the new ones definitely have lockers or some type of electronic power distribution as in their little test tracks they have off camber sections that are designed to get 2 opposite wheels off the ground. I woulda swore I saw, at least the disco series 2 doing the same thing stock but maybe im wrong.

On top of that, I thought LR's claim to fame compared to jeeps on even their older vehicles was being able to still power forward with 2 opposite wheels off the ground... which obviously insinuates lockers or VERY tight lsd's. But maybe im wrong.

The RR classics look cool, and though I could afford the maint its not really worth it if the first thing I have to do is crack the diffs to put in lockers just like a $500 xj I once had...
                2001 TJ
                2001 Tahoe
                2013 M3
                1986 R65
                1997 Blackbird
                2013 R1200GS

Comment

Originally posted by loudobbs View Post
                  Well the new ones definitely have lockers or some type of electronic power distribution as in their little test tracks they have off camber sections that are designed to get 2 opposite wheels off the ground. I woulda swore I saw, at least the disco series 2 doing the same thing stock but maybe im wrong.

On top of that, I thought LR's claim to fame compared to jeeps on even their older vehicles was being able to still power forward with 2 opposite wheels off the ground... which obviously insinuates lockers or VERY tight lsd's. But maybe im wrong.
                  theyre ELSDs.. electronic limited slip diffs.. its just a basic clutch-type LSD but the ABS system 'senses' wheelspin and applies the brakes to that wheel forcing the LSD to transfer power over to the other wheel.

Comment

Well said Adam
                    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

theyre ELSDs.. electronic limited slip diffs.. its just a basic clutch-type LSD but the ABS system 'senses' wheelspin and applies the brakes to that wheel forcing the LSD to transfer power over to the other wheel.
                      In other words the same as holding your brake down on a cherokee with 'trac lock'. way to go LR. you would think that $60k price tag would come with more than leather and a cd player.
                      2001 TJ
                      2001 Tahoe
                      2013 M3
                      1986 R65
                      1997 Blackbird
                      2013 R1200GS

Comment

wow im almost appalled at how overly complicated a system they came up with just to avoid putting in $500 switchable lockers.

jews.
                        2001 TJ
                        2001 Tahoe
                        2013 M3
                        1986 R65
                        1997 Blackbird
                        2013 R1200GS

Comment

Don't get me wrong they are "different" and great vehicles but costly to own, modify and sometimes hard to get parts for!
                          HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Don't get me wrong they are "different" and great vehicles but costly to own, modify and sometimes hard to get parts for!
                            they need to get winched out a lot
                            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

well maybe if you drive a Powerstroke I would have broke and let you Tow it home fawker!!!!!!!!

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                              OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

well maybe if you drive a Powerstroke I would have broke and let you Tow it home fawker!!!!!!!!

there is a powerstroke i drove pulling that trailer
                                2001 wj tbd
                                1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                                X