X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
    <100k i'd get a viper
    >100k (or 200) aston martin. i have a soft spot for those things
    Viper would be nice... I wouldn't spend >100K on a vehicle if i had 100Million in the bank.

99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
      stock sti vs. stock mustang gt

do it
      solid axle> cv axles that blow from launching
      5.0> weak cylinder #4
      timing chain> timing belt
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
        50 bucks says i can get a better 0-60 from an sti than you can from a mustang gt

your logic = voided

Comment

and? there 1/4 mile times are the same. then you factor in a nice mustang lx 5.0 for 3000 bucks and a 2004 wrx for 14000
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

and? there 1/4 mile times are the same. then you factor in a nice mustang lx 5.0 for 3000 bucks and a 2004 wrx for 14000
            actual track lap times > 1/4 mile times

and comparing an older 5.0 to a 04 wrx is apples to oranges

Comment

5.0> weak cylinder #4
              timing chain> timing belt
              300 crank horsepower and traction >245(guess) and wheelspin?

I like all kinds of cars, I think comparing an STI to a fox body is like comparing apples to oranges.

Edit: Even you mutherfucker I thought this post out so hard and now i look like a dueshe because you said the exact same thing. goddamn shit.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

i will give credit to cars that are FAST not quick ones. I have completely lost respect for subaru sti's after there new body style. When i started driving they came out with the wrx and contemplated buying one. Then all my friends bought them and after working on them i said fuck them. Also having torque>*.

Just like i lost all respect for dodge for putting out the abomination they call the charger

also the "ken block did this" wannabes. so not being on subura fan boy nuts>*
                Last edited by Magilla; 07-26-2009, 12:21 AM.
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

i will give credit to cars that are FAST not quick ones. I have completely lost respect for subaru sti's after there new body style. When i started driving they came out with the wrx and contemplated buying one. Then all my friends bought them and after working on them i said fuck them. Also having torque>*.

Just like i lost all respect for dodge for putting out the abomination they call the charger

I agree with you on several levels.

New body style looks like garbage

torque is quite nice

charger of course also looks like ass

I can't stand the kids driving around STI's thinking they are ken block. This kid from my group of friends is like that. No one talks to him anymore and his car got repoed.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

when i think of quick, i think of a great driver dropping the nose of a rally car 3 inches from a cliff around a hairpin corner doing 70mph

when i think of fast, i think of some tardsicle side stepping his clutch and acting cool because his car can do a 9 second 1/4

i think the 5.0 body style is gay just as much as you think the new STI body style is gay, but in the end they perform better than the older STI's so

i have no experience working on them, so i'll let you take that category

as far as torque....it's nice to have, but back when i was romping on my rex it was never a problem. either you're on the skinny or you aren't, keep the revs up and it normally isn't a problem. torque only seemed to come in handy when you needed to look cool at a stop light.

Comment

i've been in a 2008 z06 corvet doing 145 in 4th gear on a back road..... my god
                      my friend knows how to drive,
                      also the second fastest car i;ve been in is a nisan 240sx with a supra twin turbo motor in it. jesus fuck that car rips
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

oh and i agree with you about the ken block shit

petter solberg > ken block

Comment

the ken block thing is such a fad. all these kids love ken block and sti's yet have no idea about the cars or rally itself. don't get me wrong the vids are sick i love watching them but what happened to the good old days of WRC. petter solberg ftw!
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

WTF EVEN! are you reading peoples minds tonight?
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

on a side note I own a 138hp, 1050cc street bike so this "car fast" thing is irrelevant. go fast in a cage.. its cool but go that fast sitting on the motor is a different story
                              no mater how fast the car is it just doesn't compete with the feeling you get on the bike
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                                when i think of quick, i think of a great driver dropping the nose of a rally car 3 inches from a cliff around a hairpin corner doing 70mph

when i think of fast, i think of some tardsicle side stepping his clutch and acting cool because his car can do a 9 second 1/4

i think the 5.0 body style is gay just as much as you think the new STI body style is gay, but in the end they perform better than the older STI's so

i have no experience working on them, so i'll let you take that category

as far as torque....it's nice to have, but back when i was romping on my rex it was never a problem. either you're on the skinny or you aren't, keep the revs up and it normally isn't a problem. torque only seemed to come in handy when you needed to look cool at a stop light.
                                1 there is NO 5.0 body style the 5.0 came in quite a few generations of the mustang.

2 the reason you never had a problem while "romping" the skinny is cause you were in the boost but what about when you had some lag action going on?

3 what happened to your subaru?

4 every wrx owner/ owned who owned a subaru and called/s it rex likes it in the pooper.

5 i never built mine to go in straight lines i built mine for an all around racer. i did quite a few canyon runs in it and ate wrxs. i have drifted it ran it on road courses and the drag strip.

and the fastest car i ever rode in was a 1300 hp m3 vid is old before they redid the motor and got 1300

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVsCinSPvhA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVsCinSPvhA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                                Last edited by Magilla; 07-26-2009, 12:46 AM.
                                2001 wj tbd
                                1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                                X