don't you know how to read?
    i do, unfortunately thats the issue.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I always had a love for cars, and after my wrx took a shit and multiple tickets later I decided a fast car would only get me into more trouble, and probably kill me. My brother had a ford f250 on 40s, then a duramax on 40's, then he built his TJ on 37's so naturally I was into wheeling. I hated how everyone and their mother had lifted TJ's, and I thought lifted XJ's were badass so I got me one and started building.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        Jeeps marketing to this niche is sad at best.

My mom bought my current XJ for herself before I could drive. When I got my license, I bought it off of her, I liked it because it was quick and was a little fun.. The XJ used to be one of the faster SUVs on the road, if not in the top few fastest..oddly enough.
        comparatively speaking xj's were fuckin rocketships when they stuck the fuel injected 4.0 in em'

as for me. i was given my first xj. and i didn't want to be some other boring kid driving a stock suv, so i looked into lifting it and bigger tarz, then i discovered theres millions of people who lift and wheel these things ( i had no clue at the time) and there ya go
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
          and I thought lifted XJ's were badass so I got me one and started bolting.
          fixed

Comment

i wanted a lifted xj for years so adam you aren't alone. after the wrx was stolen mine was traded in at the dealer so i bought it for $500. i had planned out my lift months prior and was on JF and NAXJA already
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

My dad bought a 1987 pioneer in 1991, He had that until 2002 and i bought my 1994 xj.
              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                i was given my first xj
                Same here... My first XJ was a 90' that I got in... 98'. Was my Dad's company car... then my Mom's... then mine.

We had an 80 something XJ as well when I was in elementary school/middle school that was sold before I got into high school.

My grandparents towed around a V8 CJ in the 70s & 80s behind their motorhome. I've seen pictures of my grandfather driving around jeeps in the 40s&50s.

My mom still drives a WK.

Jeeps have pretty much always been in the family.

Was NEVER into paying clubs when I had my 90XJ from 98-summer of 2002, but there was a decent amount of legal wheeling in Connecticut back then.

Bought the 89XJ that I currently wheel in November of 2005 and joined SiS in January of 2006.
                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

gramps bought it off his boss to use for a DD.. then I got my license and just pretty much became mine.. then I wanted to spend my money on something other then building computers.. so that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    fixed
                    i didn't realize 37" tires meant i was required to fabricate everything

Comment

My dad got our first family Jeep with a 2.8L and 3 speed auto. I got a chevy fullsize and traded him for the cherokee. Always wanted a big truck so I lifted the 2.8L, sold it, got the 96 and it took off from there. SIS kinda fine tuned me
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        i didn't realize 37" tires meant i was required to fabricate everything
                        you could have bolted shit on

Comment

I'd have to blame the crocodile hunter.
                          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

my family has ahad a bucnh of jeeps and there are still a bunch in the fam. We have 2 XJ's, a WJ, and TJ. I always loved the look of lifted cherokee's so Once I found here I had to get one. When I went car shopping for the first time we were looking for an XJ, but came home with the GMC 2500. Now I finally got me an XJ a year ago this august
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I always wanted a jeep, because I thought it would be cool to go wheeling so I got one.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

My cousin has been into trucks and wheeling so it kinda grew on me. I knew I wanted a truck or a jeep for my first car.
                                2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                                1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Working...
                                X