Back from FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from FL

I went to FL to see my parents and brother, it was an interesting 2 weeks. My big brother is a beast, he's 6'4" and 435 lbs. Also he's a biker, but in a Christian biker group. They call it a motorcycle ministry. I went to a service and of course I got the lecture after, and it made me feel weird. But reminiscing about my high school years and all the boyfriends he terrified was some good laughs.
    My 2 kids went with me and my parents took us to a beach we used to go to when I was a kid. It was pretty cool, but I didn't go in past my knees. MS made me sooo wobbly and I didn't want to fall and not be able to see what was in the water near me. Namely sharks! And I hate when crabs pinch my toes, so I needed to be able to watch for them too. The kids had fun though, my mom took them out a little deeper. Jake had no fear at all, Lexi was a little more leery and had a death grip on my mom's arm for a bit.
    We ate at a restaurant that has a 14 foot live gator. He could have bitten my kids in half, his head was so big! His name is Bully and he was sold from a gator farm because he kept killing other gators. I had a steak burger to die for, it was thick and juicy and messy. YUM!

I will post some pics later when I get them loaded to the computer.
    96 XJ Sport
    6" Full Traction Longarm Lift
    Locked Front and Rear

83 CJ7 (Sarge)To be continued...

fucking awesome lisa! im glad you had a good time. i hope you have pics of the gator
    I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Lisa! Im glad youre back and had a good time! Cant wait to see pics <3
      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
      J10 project do want.
      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

too nervous about death by gator too eat.
        Doggy bag plz.
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
          too nervous about death by gator too eat.
          Doggy bag plz.

He is in a cage with about 3 different layers of metal between you and him. I got pics with his mouth about a foot away from my legs. It made me a bit nervous despite the fencing. People bring road kills for him to eat. ICKY!
          96 XJ Sport
          Locked Front and Rear

Comment

Road Kill in a restaurant.
            Who is more fucked up? The people who pick up the road kill for a tourist attraction, or the state for not shutting down a restaurant that carried road kill in and out..

A nice fish tank will do just fine, thanks.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Yea, that was an eyebrow raiser for sure. Bully is in an outside part of the place, and they bring it in through a gate by him. It doesn't happen often, and he is almost as old as me so I guess it's ok for him. He mostly gets chickens to eat. His water is clean and he looks healthy, so maybe the roadkill thing is just a rumor to get people curious enough to stop by? Who knows.
              96 XJ Sport
              Locked Front and Rear

Comment

There are some big ass gators in the pond behind my parents house in Florida. They seem to be more scared of you than you are of them. Get near em... and they run into the water.
                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Sounds awesome.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                      http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                        YES DOUG! awesome dude

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Bad thing happened in FL though, a little girls was strangled by her daddy's Burmese python. Now they are trying to ban them as pets. I feel terrible that the little girl got killed, her dad was a total idiot the way he had the cage set up. But why should responsible owners be punished?
                          96 XJ Sport
                          Locked Front and Rear

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley Queen View Post

Bad thing happened in FL though, a little girls was strangled by her daddy's Burmese python. Now they are trying to ban them as pets. I feel terrible that the little girl got killed, her dad was a total idiot the way he had the cage set up. But why should responsible owners be punished?
                            You know, I heard about that the other day. Fuckin terrible. As for the 'Why should responsible owners be punished' part, well, look at all these silly gun laws. Gov't just wants more regulation, MO POWA.

I also read some reports about how some people with these exotic snakes could no longer afford to feed or keep them in the dwindling economy, so they decided to set them free in the wild. Python Hunting, anyone?
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                              You know, I heard about that the other day. Fuckin terrible. As for the 'Why should responsible owners be punished' part, well, look at all these silly gun laws. Gov't just wants more regulation, MO POWA.

I also read some reports about how some people with these exotic snakes could no longer afford to feed or keep them in the dwindling economy, so they decided to set them free in the wild. Python Hunting, anyone?
                              They have done exactly that, they started hunting and killing them. Stupid people need to do research before they buy these things. I would have no problem with registering my snakes, it makes sense to do so. And I would have no problem with people having to be certified or whatever to own them. We did tons of research before we bought any of our snakes, etc.

I wonder if they are donating the meat to homeless shelters?
                              96 XJ Sport
                              Locked Front and Rear

Comment

Working...
                              X