Hello from Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ireland

So, as many of you know, I'm currently out of the country on my second deployment with the Army.... Well, after our flight over the ocean we landed in Ireland to refuel, change the flight crew, and resupply. Regular stuff, but this time upon our touch-down on the runway, we broke the landing gear on the plane, and then found out that the runways were bad, and the weather in Kuwait is not permissible to fly in. So the army has us all staying in a small countryside Inn/pub (we are not allowed to drink) here in Ireland. Today we went out exploring and found out there is a castle right next to/behind the inn/pub we are staying at..... I'll have pics as soon as the slow internet here will let them upload.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

oohh coooll good to hear from you!!!! glad you are okay
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

hiii shane! we all miss you lots! and yes, please post pics, sounds pretty awesome
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Hello I would like to thank you sir for protecting my freedom. I wish you good luck and come home safe

Comment

Good Luck on your deployment!!!!!!!!
          2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
          1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Good luck, be safe!
            HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
            OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Ireland kicks ass. Enjoy what you can over there while sober.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Good to hear from you man, stay safe over there!
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                  Good to hear from you man, stay safe over there!
                  x2 on that one buddy. keep us updated
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Jerk told me (and y'all) about the Ireland pics and then never posted them ANYWHERE.

Leave it to my husband.....

New update: Shane has made it safely to Kuwait, he no longer has interwebz (or phone) so it may be a few weeks or so before anyone (including myself) hears from him. Once I get a "permanent" address for him I'll post it up.

Thanks guys for all your support!! It's so appreciated you have no idea!
                    ~*Nica*~
                    Passenger Extraordinaire.

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

hey good luck over there and thanks for serving our country

Comment

Sorry about not being able to upload the pics, but I will find a way. Like Nica said, I'm in Kuwait, and the only way to contact the outside world right now, is to pay by the hour/minute.... I'm still trying to get some pics up though. Unfortunately I must get going, please enjoy not being over in this shithole for me!
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                        My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

sorry to hear kuwait sucks. Coulda joined the air force and get deployed to tropical islands like okinawa. JK , thanks for serving, stay safe in the sand box

Comment

Working...
                          X