Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles

Ok I am looking into getting myself a cheep little bike to learn to ride on and get around on the cheap. I am looking at fixer up bikes right now and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me go through the proces of buying and learning bikes.

on another note does anyone live near Fairfield and have a pickup?, or a flatbed
    Last edited by Vehicleless; 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM.

make sure you get some training wheels
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

I can't wait to see the replies to this thread.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

My best advise would be a Suzuki Katana 600, Suzuki GS 500, or OLDER Ninja 600. The katana is a low horse power heavy 600 with a steel frame (80hp and about 500lbs). They can be found pretty cleap (about 1500) and because of the cost and the steel frame, if you drop it (which you more then likely will when you first start off) you wont do any serious damage to the bike or care about it if the plastics are scraped up. Any bike with an aluminum frame could bend more easily or crack if its dropped. An older Ninja is something below 97. After 97 they grew a sack. I would also recomend a bike with carbs because they react slower then fuel injection. If I stared off on the bike I have now (120hp and 410lbs) the chance of me being here right now would be a lot slimmer. Older bikes will tend to be more forgiving.

With that being said, TAKE THE RIDERS SAFETY COURSE!!!!!!! They teach you the basics and, best of all, its not your bike so if you drop it, who cares. The class is seriously worth every penny and might save your life one day. Plus you get your lisence at the end. So just get your permit first, then take the class.

Once you start riding, start reading books about it. I strongly recoment Total Control by Lee Parks. He breaks stuff down and actually makes you realize things you are doing wrong. After reading it and practice, I can easily drop a knee into a turn, stop better, and have better control.

Lastly, avoid stupid shit. Yes, this is hypocritical of me to say but 90% of near accidents I have are my own fault. I`ll be the first to admit I love to wheelie but really its not smart on my part.

I hope this helped and if you have any questions let me know.

If you ride like there is not tomorrow, there wont be
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I'm looking at something smaller than that. a simple bike like a Suzuki GS550, or a Honda Hawk

Comment

I know someone selling a Ninja 250r if interested. I also have a pickup truck I could bring it to you in need be...

Comment

how much for the ninja 250

Comment

Ninja 250 is a great starter bike and 70 mpgs all day long. I have a bike trailer if needed.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

fuck the bike and buy a Jeep? how about that?

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
                    fuck the bike and buy a Jeep? how about that?
                    this
                    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

get a buell blast and mod it.
                      95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

get a suzuki sv650 cheap and easy to ride
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                          you are a smart man. fun bike for all ability levels.. unlike other bikes mentioned that you will get bored of within a day.
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                            my friend was selling his. i wonder if he still has it?
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

id rock an sv650

what i have always had a crush on are the yamaha fz1 and fz6.

basically a comfortable, naked, r6 or r1, tuned for torque
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X