No announcement yet.

Mild To Wild show on sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still has more hand on activities and you learn more of that stuff which my school has none of. And i dont like regular classes at all i hate sitting in a class as the teacher talks i cant just do that hated that thank god im done with school.

Comment

Really? Abbott techs average iq is lower than room temp. They have a 47% drop out rate. The reason it is so low, most either go to jail, the girls drop out due to babys, people just stop going. The "hands" on shit is bogus we learned shit that was never needed in a real shop. Instead of learning stuff that is important like timing belts or electrical diagnosis we learned stupid stuff like checking for out of round cylinders. I learned more stuff in one week of working at a shop than attended tech. Then you have the lovely academics they were about 4 years behind me. We read short stories i read 5 years prior to going there like outsiders.
      Last edited by Magilla; 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM.
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

true, but it does help if you want to get ahead of the game, like for a mechanic, you learn there and if you go to college you can get recruited to high pay race teams
        God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I know a ton of kids that go there or did. They all mostly went just for stuff like auto body, hvac, and i know some girls that went for hair dressing. I mean some of what you are saying is true but not all the kids are dropping out. The ones that graduate have better chances at gettting jobs in what they learned then if they went to a regular HS

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            The "hands" on shit is bogus we learned shit that was never needed in a real shop. Instead of learning stuff that is important like timing belts or electrical diagnosis we learned stupid stuff like checking for out of round cylinders. I learned more stuff in one week of working at a shop than attended tech. Then you have the lovely academics they were about 4 years behind me. We read short stories i read 5 years prior to going there like outsiders.
            Last edited by Magilla; 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM.
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
              yea they probably don't teach the right stuff, my dad learned all his things on theory by working on his car by himself
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

what classes did you take there ?

Comment

are you serious you can not tell off my post?
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

ok let me change what i said. did you try anything else to see if you learned anything ? like hvac ?

Comment

i took automotive was in the top of my class. i knew shit the teacher did not. now i am going to school to be a teacher.
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Well thats cool. atleast you can give the kids the real help they need. i really wish my school had automotive clossest thing was metal shop which they got rid of cause it was out of the budget which was cause we needed a turf foot ball field that got reabuilt 5 freaking times

Comment

this just gets better and better
                          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                            this just gets better and better
                            how so? cause you made a stupid comment in here?
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

well since you insist on questioning everyone posts I'll answer. it is getting better because this thread started talking about a car show and lead to typing challenges with a family, to talking about Abbott tech and your future career. Sorry for the confusion
                              4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

i iz for comning to da abiet tek skolz 4 dah lernigz of stuph....I learned that in post grad school..nice isn't it
                                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X