• Show
Clear All

• A-ROD

do you like him, i don't care if you count steroids or not
    i like him
    53.33%
    i hate him
    46.67%
    Last edited by Even; 06-12-2009, 11:07 PM.

yankees fans hate him

-sam

Comment

hes beautiful....i like him
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
        yankees fans hate him

-sam
        This is so true. He's quite the fagula

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          yankees fans hate him

-sam
          i like a-rod

-coming from an actual yankee fan

Comment

you can bag on arod all you want, go ahead and listen to the media and all they say bad about him. thats whats wrong with america, the stupid media. yankee fan or not, you have to give him alot of credit for the acomplishments he has made throughout his baseball career. if he were a true roid head or w/e you want to call him bud selig would have fined him an incredible amount of money and he would have been most likely kicked out of baseball (once again the media played a huge part in that). arod has alot of talent and if he didnt have this talent he would not be playing baseball let alone for the greatest francise in baseball history. you can hate a team n their fans but you cant hate the players they just play the game!
            2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by jeep00xj View Post
              you can hate a team n their fans but you cant hate the players they just play the game!
              faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwkkkkk you i cant hate the players. Because they dont just play the game. they get annoyed when they are makin 1.4m instead of 1.5m per game. or their benefits arent good enough. i like arod but i dont give a fuck how good he is. he doesnt need to make 300,000 everytime he steps up to the plate to PLAY a GAME, hes SUPPOSED to LIKE PLAYing.
              just my 2 cents
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwkkkkk you i cant hate the players. Because they dont just play the game. they get annoyed when they are makin 1.4m instead of 1.5m per game. or their benefits arent good enough. i like arod but i dont give a fuck how good he is. he doesnt need to make 300,000 everytime he steps up to the plate to PLAY a GAME, hes SUPPOSED to LIKE PLAYing.
                just my 2 cents
                Players don't get annoyed about not making enough on a consistent basis that isn't justified, the whole system is overpaid, not just the players.

But where would you rather see the money go? To the even RICHER owners? Personally I would rather see the players who actually work their ass off make the money rather than the owners who half the time don't know shit about the game. The owners are the ones who pay the players what they think they are worth, you can't get mad at the players for taking money they are offered. Most of the time when a player gets mad about his contract, it's because it isn't comparable to the rest of the players in the league who put up the same kind of numbers. Do you expect joe shmoe to sit down and take 20 mil. less a year just on the principle that he has enough to live on already, when some other player is making 20 million a year more than him who puts up the same stats?

It's not like the rich players don't contribute their share to society, A-Rod and Jeter both have their own charity organizations that they donate hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars to.
                Last edited by Even; 06-13-2009, 01:45 PM.

Comment

well said fullwidth

Comment

you cant hate someone for doing their job. being a baseball player in the majors is a job. that would be like me hating on you because of your job or the type of job that you do and the money you make. i can hate the company you work for for paying you that much but i cant hate you because your just doing your job, and like fullwidth said you cant hate someone for taking an offer they are givin

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                      Players don't get annoyed about not making enough on a consistent basis themselves that isn't justified, the whole system is overpaid, not just the players.

But where would you rather see the money go? To the even RICHER owners? Personally I would rather see the players who actually work their ass off make the money rather than the owners who half the time don't know shit about the game. The owners are the ones who pay the players what they think they are worth, you can't get mad at the players for taking money they are offered. Most of the time when a player gets mad about his contract, it's because it isn't comparable to the rest of the players in the league who put up the same kind of numbers. Do you expect joe shmoe to sit down and take 20 mil. less a year just on the principle that he has enough to live on already, when some other player is making 20 million a year more than him who puts up the same stats?

It's not like the rich players don't contribute their share to society, A-Rod and Jeter both have their own charity organizations that they donate hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars to.

sorry i just thought maybe theyd play the damn game and not worry about a damn thing. and your damn right i would take 20mil a year. thats already enough to live more than comfortably, anything over that is selfish shit. none of them need. 5434213165 sq. foot houses, or 4724513 bank accounts with 6324 figures in them. people these days are way to about money, what happened to getting by with a little extra loot and playing a game and fawking smiling.

Originally posted by jeep00xj View Post
                      you cant hate someone for doing their job. being a baseball player in the majors is a job. that would be like me hating on you because of your job or the type of job that you do and the money you make. i can hate the company you work for for paying you that much but i cant hate you because your just doing your job, and like fullwidth said you cant hate someone for taking an offer they are givin
                      their job is to hit a ball, run the bases and get the other team out, not get paid multi-millions just to play, then take in more money from product. whatever you have to say its not going to change my train of thought. they get paid way to much, and for someone to say "I DESERVE MORE MONEY CAUSE I HIT BASEBALLS REALLY FAR!!!" is bullshit. if thats the case, someone start paying will with his over the fence shots. Sports were made to be games, and have fun. To get people to join in activites, and chillwith each other, and somewhere along the line everyone forgot that. For that I can, and will hate them. Its a game, not a job. Looks like you forgot that to
                      Last edited by hippie metal; 06-13-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

sorry i just thought maybe theyd play the damn game and not worry about a damn thing. and your damn right i would take 20mil a year. thats already enough to live more than comfortably, anything over that is selfish shit. none of them need. 5434213165 sq. foot houses, or 4724513 bank accounts with 6324 figures in them. people these days are way to about money, what happened to getting by with a little extra loot and playing a game and fawking smiling.
                        You can't just expect a-rod to say to the yankees "oh please don't pay me 250 million, i already have enough money" after they offer him the contract. The players aren't asking for the huge contracts, they play the game and the teams offer them the money. The industry is such a money maker that the teams can afford to pay the players that much money, so they do. It's not the players fault teams charge $8 for a beer and $50 for a ticket.

You're making it sound like the players are constantly complaining about not making enough, which isn't true. Most of them are very very grateful for what they get paid.
                        Last edited by Even; 06-13-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

You can't just expect a-rod to say to the yankees "oh please don't pay me 250 million a year, i already have enough money". The players aren't asking for the huge contracts, they play the game and the teams offer them the money. The industry is such a money maker that the teams can afford to pay the players that much money, so they do. It's not the players fault teams charge $8 for a beer and $50 for a ticket.

You're making it sound like the players are constantly complaining about not making enough, which isn't true. Most of them are very very grateful for what they get paid.

no. there are players who are there for the love of the game, and to make some money to support familys and what not. but lets put it this way, if the MLB put a 100,000 Million a year cap on salary (which is MORE than enough for anyone to live forever after 8-9 years) 50% of players would bitch and threaten to strike. You are missing my entire point, I dont mind they get paid. Its what they do, but at the end of the day its still a game, and they are being paid to play. Not to mention product sold, and commercials, and endorsements. If their playing pay got cut, even with all the other incomes they have, they would still bitch and moan. And again its not all players, just the ones that think they are worth more then the next guy.

Comment

no. there are players who are there for the love of the game, and to make some money to support familys and what not. but lets put it this way, if the MLB put a 100,000 Million a year cap on salary (which is MORE than enough for anyone to live forever after 8-9 years) 50% of players would bitch and threaten to strike. You are missing my entire point, I dont mind they get paid. Its what they do, but at the end of the day its still a game, and they are being paid to play. Not to mention product sold, and commercials, and endorsements. If their playing pay got cut, even with all the other incomes they have, they would still bitch and moan. And again its not all players, just the ones that think they are worth more then the next guy.
                            I see your point, but i don't think you can accuse them of bitching about something that hasn't happened yet. If there were to be a salary cap and bitching ensued, then your arguement would be justified. But until then I don't see a problem. The main problem with the league is, and always will be the big businessmen of the baseball world, the players are more just caught up in it.

Comment

I see your point, but i don't think you can accuse them of bitching about something that hasn't happened yet. If there were to be a salary cap and bitching ensued, then your arguement would be justified. But until then I don't see a problem. The main problem with the league is, and always will be the big businessmen of the baseball world, the players are more just caught up in it.

And I see your point as well, but when a big Signing is in the works you hear "A-rod and yankess are negotiating the contract" (just an example) if someone came to me and said, hey we will give you 20 million a year to play hacky sack and smoke weed. I'd be down. and after a few years of that, id be smoking more and playing hack waaaay better then anyone else, does that allow me to ask for more money....cause i got better? there'd be no negotiation. I would be content and know that I'd never need to do anything hard again. I am not fighting you, or arguing. I just wont ever understand how people can suck the FUN out of playing a game and be ok with it. Thats all

Comment

Working...
                              X