A-ROD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
    And I see your point as well, but when a big Signing is in the works you hear "A-rod and yankess are negotiating the contract" (just an example) if someone came to me and said, hey we will give you 20 million a year to play hacky sack and smoke weed. I'd be down. and after a few years of that, id be smoking more and playing hack waaaay better then anyone else, does that allow me to ask for more money....cause i got better? there'd be no negotiation. I would be content and know that I'd never need to do anything hard again. I am not fighting you, or arguing. I just wont ever understand how people can suck the FUN out of playing a game and be ok with it. Thats all

BTW This thought stands for all sports, not just baseball.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
      And I see your point as well, but when a big Signing is in the works you hear "A-rod and yankess are negotiating the contract" (just an example) if someone came to me and said, hey we will give you 20 million a year to play hacky sack and smoke weed. I'd be down. and after a few years of that, id be smoking more and playing hack waaaay better then anyone else, does that allow me to ask for more money....cause i got better? there'd be no negotiation. I would be content and know that I'd never need to do anything hard again. I am not fighting you, or arguing. I just wont ever understand how people can suck the FUN out of playing a game and be ok with it. Thats all
      Well let me ask you this. If you had two different people asking you to smoke weed and play hacky sack for a living, and one offered you 10 million a year, and the other 50 million a year...who would you sign with? Obviously the 10 million a year is plenty to live comfortably on for the rest of your life, but why would you shoot down an extra 40 million just because 10 million is enough?

It's not like when a-rod signed with the yankees, that they were the ONLY team looking to pay him big money. Other teams offered him lower paying contracts, he just took the highest bidder. Granted there are negotiations in baseball that players are just being greedy, but the whole system is like that. There is SOOO much money involved it's hard to turn contracts like that down being a player. Most of the world focuses around money and material things, it's just the way it is and will probably never change.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
        Well let me ask you this. If you had two different people asking you to smoke weed and play hacky sack for a living, and one offered you 10 million a year, and the other 50 million a year...who would you sign with? Obviously the 10 million a year is plenty to live comfortably on for the rest of your life, but why would you shoot down an extra 40 million just because 10 million is enough?

It's not like when a-rod signed with the yankees, that they were the ONLY team looking to pay him big money. Other teams offered him lower paying contracts, he just took the highest bidder. Granted there are negotiations in baseball that players are just being greedy, but the whole system is like that. There is SOOO much money involved it's hard to turn contracts like that down being a player. Most of the world focuses around money and material things, it's just the way it is and will probably never change.

dude...im a hippie. i wouldnt base my decision on who would pay me the most. i would base on which would be more fun, who i'd be playing with. if the 50million dollar group was full of assholes and the 10 million were good guys i would choose the 10million and still live nice. if the 10 million group was full of assholes and the 50 million group was a bunch of good peole, then i'd choose them and live even nicer. but either way, my heart made the choice, not my wallet. money is nice and dont get me wrong i love it, but when you let it make your life decisions, its no good. You are right, the world does focus on money, and material things, i just do my best to see around that shit. You can be rich and miserable, just as you can be poor and miserable. You gotta find a balence
        Last edited by hippie metal; 06-13-2009, 02:43 PM.
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Hate him, love his woman
          96 stock cherokee backyard 1 1/2 lift rebuilt trns case

Comment

Major league baseball is not a game people go out to play for fun...it is a business. and with a business comes marketing, paychecks, and benefits. teams are franchises, just like a mcdonalds is. its the same throughout sports. people get paid for whats in demand. entertainment is in demand and major league sports are a huge entertainment outlet.

is it too much by comparable standards to say, a rifleman in the army, or a firefighter in NYC? yes.

does it make sense when it all comes down to it? yes.

its all unfortunately relative.
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

a-rod is the best player in baseball....minus the post season
              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                Major league baseball is not a game people go out to play for fun...it is a business. and with a business comes marketing, paychecks, and benefits. teams are franchises, just like a mcdonalds is. its the same throughout sports. people get paid for whats in demand. entertainment is in demand and major league sports are a huge entertainment outlet.

is it too much by comparable standards to say, a rifleman in the army, or a firefighter in NYC? yes.

does it make sense when it all comes down to it? yes.

its all unfortunately relative.
                This. They are more or less entertainers at this point. If they don't like what they are being paid, they can become a free agent and see if another team picks them up.

Where is the 'Do Not Care' Option?
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                X