Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my second piece of bling for my buggy

Originally posted by gmc4cw
    if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

pimpin... gonna run a pinion brake?
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

yup. when i get the other, i have to put on the link brackes, hydro steering mohawk them, pinion brakes and ouverson shafts front and rear. gonna be bomb proof i hope.

if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

Comment

sick
        Originally posted by Fast Orange
        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

looks freakin sweet

Comment

Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

now that is beef
              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

after pricing out 2 sets of ouversons + a spool for each..... thats over 5k... i think ill stick with stock for now with ouverson pinion brakes haha.

and a better shot of the chassis that its all going on

Comment

Ouverson makes nice schtuff!
                  HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                  OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

awe fuckn some
                    DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      after pricing out 2 sets of ouversons + a spool for each..... thats over 5k... i think ill stick with stock for now with ouverson pinion brakes haha.

and a better shot of the chassis that its all going on

Are the ouverson shafts U-joint style? is that the main advantage of an aftermarket rockwell shaft? I figure they would be strong enough stock...
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig
                      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

i thought they came with birfields, definetly could be wrong though

Comment

im still learning. i have no idea how these things work, and the shafts are huge. i looked in the bucket and the shafts take these huge ass (Not going to sound right :P ) balls that fit between the shafts.

god this is gay sounding.

Comment

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                            OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              im still learning. i have no idea how these things work, and the shafts are huge. i looked in the bucket and the shafts take these huge ass (Not going to sound right :P ) balls that fit between the shafts.

god this is gay sounding.
                              My 1950 jeep M38 has this style axle shaft from the factory also in the stock dana 25 front axle, certainly a lot smaller (balls and shaft ) than a rockwell. I was able to swap in shafts from a later model dana 27 that have U joints and locking hubs instead of drive flanges.

I thought I read an article in Petersons a while back about Rockwells having three different types of axle shafts, one being the ball type like yours, one being more of a cv joint (?) and one having a U-joint (most desirable) (?).

I was looking into them for a while for my old rig, but I think they would have been too wide to run on the street.

No matter what, I am excited to see this thing come together
                              1950 Willys Trail Rig
                              2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X