off base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off base?

Ok, maybe sometimes I lack tact, but this time I feel pretty certain I wasn't being rude. At least I wasn't intentionally being a jerk; I was just curious.

So I'm at a ridiculously long stop light in the JK, and a shiny new rubicon JK pulls up next to me. He's got his top down and windows open and what not and smiles and is all, "hey how's it going, nice ride." I thank him and do some quick usual jeep bs, and then I ask, "where you wheel that thing?"

Now here's where it gets a little weird. He says "wheel it?" I say "Yes, take it off road." He sort of snorts or smirks like I'm an idiot and replys "no, I don't do that." I as politely as possible say "not to be rude, but why did you buy a rubicon... why not a sahara?" He only responds with "fuck you."

I'm left now with the question still, why do people buy the rubicon if they never intend to wheel it? Is it cause it costs more and it's just a status thing? Is it because it will resell for more? Was i wrong for asking? I don't know, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Originally posted by TheHeg View Post

I'm left now with the question still, why do people buy the rubicon if they never intend to wheel it? Is it cause it costs more and it's just a status thing? Is it because it will resell for more? Was i wrong for asking? I don't know, just thought I'd throw it out there.

I made a post EXACTLY like this asking the exact same thing on JF ages ago and got flamed to high heaven and beyond by self righteous Rubicon owners who didnt go off road for many many pages.

i think that answers it.

it did for me.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

ya. plus the mtrs are load range e and loud as fuck. at least the tjs were

Comment

I asked a guy from NAXJA in the RC parking lot "First time wheeling?"
        He didn't like that.
        He wheeled dirt trails and logs.
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

It must just be because it costs the most. I have customers come in that say that they bought it because "their driveway gets muddy". Hell one guy has a the rubicon tj as a train car and doesn't take it on the highway because it's too loud. Its a 04 with only 11,XXX miles on it.
          Last edited by Krazors001; 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Humanity makes me cry.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

so they can be better than you

duh
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

most people get it because they don't mod vehicles and it looks the coolest stock
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                  most people get it because they don't mod vehicles and it looks the coolest stock
                  precisely. they know nothing about it except its got cool mud tires and rubicon badging
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                    bingo

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

status.
                      winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

wow. that guys a jerk all around.
                        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                        J10 project do want.
                        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                          wow. that guys a jerk all around.
                          Probably not. Hes just not into wheeling, and Rubicons look the coolest if you have the money.
                          2000 XJ
                          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

I think they get it because they see the mud tires and see that it's slightly bigger than the rest of the wranglers. I don't think most people understand what they are paying for when they get them. They probably think "oh I'm getting a jeep that's already lifted from the factory." I'd be willing to bet if you threw moabs and a BB on a sport, some one like that would probably pay the extra cash for it.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              Probably not. Hes just not into wheeling, and Rubicons look the coolest if you have the money.
                              just replying fuck you in response to a normal conversaation stands as being a jerk all around.
                              2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                              J10 project do want.
                              "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Working...
                              X