sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

did you watch the vid?
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        did you watch the vid?
        Yes. I lulled.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Diesel is the way to go, but you tell that to Nancy Pelozi or Oblamo and they think of a big black cloud of smoke killing panda bears.

The entire jeep line will look like the Fiat Panda in 15 years.
          the fiat panda offers a diesel engine

and kills pandas

holy fucking irony
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              the fiat panda offers a diesel engine

and kills pandas

holy fucking irony
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                its a damn good thing. automakers are just sucking and not making uber efficient vehicles bc all the car and oil CEOs are in bed with eachother. if they could make 45 mpg shitboxes in 1985, they sure as hell can make them now.

think about this:

4 cyl small diesel hybrids- 90hp, 200 lb/ft or torque. throw em in small S10 size pickups/SUVs. youll get 35+ mpg around town, and still have the power to use the truck when you need it. hell, throw some hybrid tech on a VW TDI and youll be nearing 60 mpg easily.

diesel is where its at, just the people who run the gub'mint refuse to see diesels for anything except big honkin smoke blowing big rigs.
                BINGO Im glad someone agrees with me for once. haha

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  So Basically our own government is once again going to be the united states auto industries downfall.

They will force these companies to make vehicles that few people want, tend to a market that is politically correct and not listen to common sense.

Diesel is the way to go, but you tell that to Nancy Pelozi or Oblamo and they think of a big black cloud of smoke killing panda bears.

The government should not have bailed these companies out because now these companies are at the control of people who have no idea what the general market wants. They want to produce cars like the Prius and the shit Fiat is cranking out.

The entire jeep line will look like the Fiat Panda in 15 years.
                  90% of consumers dont know what they want, thats what they have advertising for.

This is where the jack ass in me (see what i did there?) comes out-

(most, if not all) private companies.. ok, giant corporations, are in it for nothing but big fast cashola and dont give a fuck about anyone, even the people who buy there products and work for them. now im all for the 'hey, if youre doing it right and raking in huge dough keep on keepin on' but automakers have been sucking at pretty much everything since the mid-late 80s. there has to be a point at which a higher authority comes in and throws a reality check. "hey, youre doing this which is costing you $1.50 a car to save money but its fucking up the environment/consumer/something, suck it up and fix it you have the goddamn cashflow."

i'm all for government regulation of corporations. i have 0 faith; none, zip, nada, zilch- in people who make that much money. its just a few old guys smoking cigars wiping their asses with benjamins passing grey goddamn poupon. i want the good old days back when people, yes even grandma next door who knew NOTHING about her car, loved it. america was the land that adored the automobile, now we cant even build one.

Comment

the only thing good that will come from this is the twin turbo eco boost motor from ford... twin turbo v6

Comment

2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                      1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

all that shit to save you 2800$ over the lifetime of the vehicle.

forget that im still gunna turbo my jeep!

but do they make lift kits for prius's?
                        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                        -57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                          90% of consumers dont know what they want, thats what they have advertising for.

This is where the jack ass in me (see what i did there?) comes out-

(most, if not all) private companies.. ok, giant corporations, are in it for nothing but big fast cashola and dont give a fuck about anyone, even the people who buy there products and work for them. now im all for the 'hey, if youre doing it right and raking in huge dough keep on keepin on' but automakers have been sucking at pretty much everything since the mid-late 80s. there has to be a point at which a higher authority comes in and throws a reality check. "hey, youre doing this which is costing you $1.50 a car to save money but its fucking up the environment/consumer/something, suck it up and fix it you have the goddamn cashflow."

i'm all for government regulation of corporations. i have 0 faith; none, zip, nada, zilch- in people who make that much money. its just a few old guys smoking cigars wiping their asses with benjamins passing grey goddamn poupon. i want the good old days back when people, yes even grandma next door who knew NOTHING about her car, loved it. america was the land that adored the automobile, now we cant even build one.
                          In a way you're right, but I have less confidence in the government who have LESS OF AN IDEA of what people want, and are only out to make money for themselves once again.

You handed a failing corporation to our government that is simply another big corporation that will drive it into the ground.

I am not for the government regulating or helping businesses. The company fails, the company folds. Another company can either pick up the pieces or start fresh, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

You're right, the american automotive industry has been sucking for the last 20 years, but why help a company that won't help itself? Why does the government have to step in?

Between the Corporate Fat Cats sucking in money and giving nothing back and shipping jobs overseas for more revenue and the Unions that cradle the lazy and the weak and force companies to pay them more then what their job is worth.

These companies must collapse in order to get rid of both. You keep these companies and the executives and the unions and America will never make a good car again.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 05-20-2009, 09:18 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Phil you are my favorite! Awesome response.
                            ~*Nica*~
                            Passenger Extraordinaire.

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnica View Post
                              Phil you are my favorite! Awesome response.
                              x 2. Also, damn you Nica for beating me to it!

Comment

lawl.
                                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X