Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama unveils mpg rule

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30810514

not sure what it really means, aside from us having to buy tiny cars in the more immediate future.

^^ or force automakers to make more efficient vehicles?

same laws were made in the past, made for better vehicles. i see it as a good thing.

like more diesel trucks and cars. the vw jette tdi gets 58 mpg...... and a 1/2 ton diesel truck would be sick..... and see it get 40mpg
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

its a damn good thing. automakers are just sucking and not making uber efficient vehicles bc all the car and oil CEOs are in bed with eachother. if they could make 45 mpg shitboxes in 1985, they sure as hell can make them now.

think about this:

4 cyl small diesel hybrids- 90hp, 200 lb/ft or torque. throw em in small S10 size pickups/SUVs. youll get 35+ mpg around town, and still have the power to use the truck when you need it. hell, throw some hybrid tech on a VW TDI and youll be nearing 60 mpg easily.

diesel is where its at, just the people who run the gub'mint refuse to see diesels for anything except big honkin smoke blowing big rigs.

Comment

I don't see any issues with this.
        What about all the cars that are gas guzzlers now though? Just going to have us run 'em 'til death and then have us buy efficient cars?
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
          I don't see any issues with this.
          What about all the cars that are gas guzzlers now though? Just going to have us run 'em 'til death and then have us buy efficient cars?
          the standard is for 2016, most gas guzzlers will be dead (literally) by then since 75% of people driving them dont know how to take care of them and will simply coin in for a newer model than replace/repair parts.

no effect of previously made vehicles.

While the 30 percent increase translates to a 35.5 mpg average for both cars and light trucks, the percentage increase in cars would be greater, rising from the current 27.5 mpg standard to 39 mpg starting in 2016. The average for light trucks would rise from 24 mpg to 30 mpg.

Comment

Sounds good.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

my jeep is a hybrid....ive been putting beer in it for awhile now. maybe thats why its been acting funny
              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                my jeep is a hybrid....ive been putting beer in it for awhile now. maybe thats why its been acting funny
                I think its been acting funny cause you let Fred drive it, the beer can only help ease the pain.
                99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

Comment

Why is the government telling private companies what to do?
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

the tv said it would cost automakers 20billion annually

sounds like a good plan. companies that need government bailouts get to spend more money and receive more bailouts
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                      the tv said it would cost automakers 20billion annually

sounds like a good plan. companies that need government bailouts get to spend more money and receive more bailouts
                      Yeah, it is ok. As long as GM and Chrysler keep fucking up, the govt will continue to dump money on them so the union people dont lose their jobs.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        Why is the government telling private companies what to do?
                        Because on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 The Majority of the American people decided Democracy sucks.

Welcome to Communism, it's not as bad as you might think
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

hell i been thinkin bout a cummins 4cyl in my xj for a while

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                            its a damn good thing. automakers are just sucking and not making uber efficient vehicles bc all the car and oil CEOs are in bed with eachother. if they could make 45 mpg shitboxes in 1985, they sure as hell can make them now.

think about this:

4 cyl small diesel hybrids- 90hp, 200 lb/ft or torque. throw em in small S10 size pickups/SUVs. youll get 35+ mpg around town, and still have the power to use the truck when you need it. hell, throw some hybrid tech on a VW TDI and youll be nearing 60 mpg easily.

diesel is where its at, just the people who run the gub'mint refuse to see diesels for anything except big honkin smoke blowing big rigs.

So Basically our own government is once again going to be the united states auto industries downfall.

They will force these companies to make vehicles that few people want, tend to a market that is politically correct and not listen to common sense.

Diesel is the way to go, but you tell that to Nancy Pelozi or Oblamo and they think of a big black cloud of smoke killing panda bears.

The government should not have bailed these companies out because now these companies are at the control of people who have no idea what the general market wants. They want to produce cars like the Prius and the shit Fiat is cranking out.

The entire jeep line will look like the Fiat Panda in 15 years.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

The entire jeep line will look like the Fiat Panda in 15 years.
                              like zis?

http://www.topgear.com/us/videos/mor...ard-can-it-be/
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X