camera recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera recomendations

I'm thinking about scoring a new digicam with my returns.

anyone have any input about what type of camera to get? even used, i will be looking on craigslist for deals on slr's. but i have no idea what are good cameras. even good point in shoots will be considered.

just an FYI, i will be using this for action shots, indoor/outdoor/low light as well (all action).

i have a panasonic lumix low end model from about 2/3 years ago. I has been good but im looking for a little bit better. are the new lumix "G" models any good?

any input would be great. thanks
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...1:c0:b18894277

any thoughts??
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

lumix is good, but i wouldnt buy anything without a canon logo on it. the newer model of what will uses is very nice.

Comment

if your in that 400 price range get the nikon d40.. Every single review that i've read that its the best camera under 1000 bucks..

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

you can get complete packages on ebay from 370 to 450...

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powersho...dp_ob_title_ce

or one step lower end, $100 less

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powersho...0DQZ1K0441S41M

Comment

Originally posted by YeaItsSlo View Post
            if your in that 400 price range get the nikon d40.. Every single review that i've read that its the best camera under 1000 bucks..

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

you can get complete packages on ebay from 370 to 450...
            but when you buy a SLR cam, youre buying the lenses, and the D40's lenses are limited compared to the rest of what nikon offers. also, the kit lens is INSANELY limited if youre used to any above average point and shoot. the 18-55 is like a 3x zoom equivalent, less even with sensor cropping.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              lumix is good, but i wouldnt buy anything without a canon logo on it. the newer model of what will uses is very nice.
              what camera do you use?

thanks rich.

this camera is going to be used mostly for sports/action. in that link it mentioned a few cameras that were faster. the D200 and canon 20D? EDIT: damn those cameras are $$$ guess i will look used first, lol
              Last edited by grundlepunch; 02-02-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

canon rebel XT.

dana, theres 0 reason to buy a DSLR unless you plan on getting into photography and pouring lots of money into it. the SX10IS will shoot better 90% of the time to the average/above average user than the average joe shooting auto on a D40. you wont get the speed or zoom on a kit D40 lens that you get with the SX10

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  but when you buy a SLR cam, youre buying the lenses, and the D40's lenses are limited compared to the rest of what nikon offers. also, the kit lens is INSANELY limited if youre used to any above average point and shoot. the 18-55 is like a 3x zoom equivalent, less even with sensor cropping.

i've seen the AF-S's 55-200 go for around 120 and less with the VR.. what other lens would you need??

Comment

I bought an Canon S5IS a few months back and I am more than happy with it.

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

umm

so you guys just hit some snowboard jumps in front of your dorms for fun?
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

yup.
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                          umm

so you guys just hit some snowboard jumps in front of your dorms for fun?

Comment

i have recommended the canon S series cameras to many people (most of which are here at sis, courtney, dan, alex, so on), all of which have bought it and all of which have been totally satisfied.

i have run an S2IS for years, its what all my pics are off of, and the s3si, s5is, and sx10is, all sequential models, are totally good to go.
                            best non DSLR IMO. and adams right about DSLRs.

you also get a Great zoom length with the S series.....which is a plus for sports photog
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

any jeep jumps in front of your dorms?
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X