New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

Soooooo, apparently the bug has been going around now that it's summer time. I have been thinking a lot lately, and decided to get rid of the TJ. I really didn't want to, but there can be no middle ground. You either have a really nice street queen that will never see off road, or you have a beat up jeep that does see off road use. I currently owed 15K on my wrangler, and after rousch creek and my wheeling events, it took quite a beating. The fender flares were scratched to hell, there were some good scratches down the sides, the check engine light came on and my oil pressure would randomly drop to 0 (even though I'm possitive it was the gauge). Seeing as how I probably couldn't sell that thing for 12K if I wanted to, I decided to trade it in. And lucky for me, since car dealers are in a bind right now, it worked out for the better. The dealership agreed to fully pay off my jeep if I traded it in, they gave me 5K off the price of the car, AND my loan for 6 years has 0% interest for the LIFE OF THE LOAN!!!!

It was a hard choice, but in the end I think I'll be glad I got my moneys worth for the jeep while I could, since after my damage, I was VERY backwards on the loan.

Now I suppose you want to see the new car........I have always been a car guy, and the jeep was my first 4x4 besides my old YJ which lasted for about 3 months. It was fun but I'm back to my roots now. It's a 2008 Shelby GT. 1 of 2100 made and it's got a few shelby bolt ons that give it about 20 more horse than the GT's, and a SWEET short throw hurst shifter.

I talked to the GM dealership because I was interested in a new camaro, but they would NOT budge on any pricing, so they can go fuck themselves and go out of business for all I care. I have always been a GM guy, but they are not in a situation to be stiff on pricing.....especially GM.

And don't worry, I love wheeling and plan on getting something for my winter driver and that I wouldn't care if I beat the shit out of it. I will still be on the forum, and hopefully I can get another jeep soon to join you all again!
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Nice car man, I'm jealous, you shoulda pulled your 44 outta the tj, sold it to somene and put their 35 in it's place
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
      Nice car man, I'm jealous, you shoulda pulled your 44 outta the tj, sold it to somene and put their 35 in it's place
      Hahaha, if you come tonight and have it done before I wake up, it's yours! She's going in tomorrow around 4 PM
      2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

a beaut!

Comment

nice car man, sad to see the TJ go tho
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

looks good but doesnt it only have over a stock gt cold air intake, x pipe, mufflers and short throw shifter? also the body kit.
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

daaaaaayyyyuuuuuummmmmmmm

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                looks good but doesnt it only have over a stock gt cold air intake, x pipe, mufflers and short throw shifter? also the body kit.
                way to shit in his cheerios...

nice car
                Originally posted by Fast Orange
                if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
                  way to shit in his cheerios...

nice car
                  lolol qft

Comment

What a beauty, but the tj was def nice and im sure will be missed!
                    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

not knocking him. if he is happy with it that is all that matters. was just asking a question.
                      Last edited by Magilla; 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM.
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                        Yea, but thats all I really wanted. It's 320HP, 13.8 1/4 mile (13.5 with me driving hahaha) and 0-60 in 5 flat, which is not bad at all. I want my insurance to stay semi low, and I just want to stand out from a normal GT since EVERYONE and thier mothers have them. I also figure fords doing the best right now in terms of sales, so warranty issues shouldn't exist, and I love the fact that it's a limited run car......2008 was the last year, so it should hold it's value pretty well. It's a blast to drive, and I don't plan on modding it much if at all, and the fact that it comes with those factory add ons is a HUGE plus since I can just buy it and drive without having to customize it to my likings.

It's a handling package as well.....lowered, stiffer bushings, strut tower brace, and beefy sway bars. Nicely balanced car overall, and it outhandles the GT500 by a good amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
                          What a beauty, but the tj was def nice and im sure will be missed!
                          Thanks! And yes, the TJ will be missed by me too, but I was in the hole as far as the loan went, and this was def the best decision I could have made. But hey, the TJ will be up for grabs at Sarat Ford in agawam, MA if anyones interested, haha, thornbirds and all!

Comment

i want your TJ....can i haves it for free?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

thats cool. but it will not remain stock. ive had quite a few mustangs over the years and said ill leave this one alone. then always end up building them.
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X