No announcement yet.

new stack for the dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a difference from that GTR thread.
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      I never got it dynoed. im hoping around 400-425hp and about 800-900ft.lbs to the crank. so prob around low 300s to the wheels. but thats just a guess. these trucks have so much power loss to the wheels. I did some calculator online that said i was 307 to the wheels but who knows if that is correct. it takes your drag time and weight and calculates it. but who knows if its right cause diesel has so much more torque than a gas motor.
      I ran it at the track one night and ran a 16.3 on stock governor springs, my #6 fuel plate, and the starwheel not even touched. If i change the springs to a 4k to let it rev higher, take that plate out all together, and crank that starwheel up, I can hopefully be around 15.5 or 15.4. cranking that starwheel makes it smoke so much more and same with taking that plate out. but im trying to keep whatever mileage i got. I get about 18empeegees when it doesnt leak to much haha

here is a list of what i have done:
      Holset H1E at around 44psi
      TST #6 plate
      370 injectors (going to go bigger one of these days)
      Schied diesel high/flow laser cut delivery valves (bigger than 191s)
      FASS 150
      AFE intake
      MBRP 4" downpipe to 5 "stack
      boost elbow
      16.5* timing
      HD valve springs
      gauges
      stock 4.10s

and i think thats about it. I havent done anything else cause my clutch is starting to go i think. so i dont wanna put down anymore power until i get a south bend dual disk in there. I dont have 1500 bucks for a new one haha. I also want to get fire rings and such done to the head so i can run more boost but thats more money.
      From what I have read and people I have talked to (not my own experience) I would guess you are making more than you think. I was looking at a lot of trucks on Competition Diesel Forums, and it seems like a lot of guys are hitting 400hp pretty easily. I bought some of the stock 215 injectors from a 97-98 5 speed truck, used. The person I bought them from had his truck dynoed ('95 5 speed, 175hp stock) and he put down 337 horse with basically those injectors and a #10 plate. Thats plenty of power for me
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Also have you messed with your AFC at all?
        1950 Willys Trail Rig
        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
        X