Is America a Police State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
    So far in this case we have only been provided the information the liberal media wants us to have. It's much like the white guy last year that shot the teen with the hoodie. The media turns it into a black/white thing and goes after the police and tries to persuade the public to that view.

This kid may have been unarmed, but did the officer fear for his own life or safety? That is what is in question and the media doesn't want us to know those circumstances. Eventually it will come out, but it amazes me that somebody gets shot and that's a reason to loot your own town, break into the local stores and screw with your neighbors. I just don't understand that mindset at all. They can ask for justice, but breaking laws to make a point doesn't make sense to me.
    This post may have been relevant 20 years ago. I'm willing to bet that more people get more of their news from social media websites passing around viral videos than turning on ABC. I agree with you completely, but people need to stop playing the "everyone is only reacting to what the news tells us" card and realize more people are probably reacting to the dickhead cops breaking the law videos that are being shared.

Anyhow, Nick, I don't think it's right that any person should have the ability to take another persons rights away just because of their employment status. I didn't really want to post because I don't actually have a viable solution to a state with no cops. It would be anarchy, but I'll be damned if I let one of those cocksuckers dictate my life. We're at a point where we need to police the police and that is a sad state of affairs, but you can't give people just as fucked up as the rest of us the kind of power that they have.

The only good to come of all of the recent backlash against police is that eventually, they will have so many cell phones in their faces that they will eventually have to start facing penalties (or queue riots) (Hi, you rang?) and they will be too afraid to harass and maybe they'll start having to protect and serve.

I've seen videos from reporters now down in the heat of the action and the cops are "arresting" them and trying to get them to stop filming them (the police). I'm sure you've seen the video.

FILM.THE.POLICE.
    Last edited by Riot; 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Who will police, the police police?
      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
        Who will police, the police police?
        themselves, there are sections of the PD that investigate their own.

like Calvin said, it's just another treyvon/zimmerman case where they just dump gas on some camp fire incident turning it into a wild fire of black vs white hate and boost in ratings. also to a smaller scale distracting people from much more important issues at the same time. since my sat radio ran out ive been listening to NPR some, i want to say 4 or 5 times today they mentioned the shooting and each time they add on "shot by a white office" or similar for no real reason.

not to mention the thinking "omg omg omg the cops are horrible and shooting people minding their own business"...... proceeds to riot and loot stores breaking multiple laws and giving cops a reason to fuck your day up...... then they wonder why the cops are using tear gas and horrible evil guns or whatever wtf?

Comment

Then in that case,

Who will police the police's police?
          dirty30

Comment

Who cares? I sure don't. They have enough shit to deal with and I sure as hell wouldn't to be one.

Or just make them all above the law completely so they can't do anything illegal, then no one would need to watch them. Problem solved.

Comment

I can't remember where I saw it, but there are agencies out there that require the police officers to wear go-pro type devices on their shirt collars. Every action and sound is recorded. They may all have to go that route so there cannot be all this finger pointing. It would take the media out of it. What's interesting is that there are white teenagers shot by police, but you never hear anything about it. The race card gets thrown around as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
                Who cares? I sure don't. They have enough shit to deal with and I sure as hell wouldn't to be one.

Or just make them all above the law completely so they can't do anything illegal, then no one would need to watch them. Problem solved.
                They already are.

The people just need to hold them accountable for their actions until they're too afraid to abuse the law and infringe on the rights of the people.

Comment

Comment

It's a shame what they are doing to their own town and someone needs to be held accountable for grown men not knowing that underwear are for inside your pants with pants worn to the waist.
                    My wife and I were at a mall in Asheville, NC this past weekend and a group of guys were walking around with pants around their knees. Everyone of them bent over with one hand holding a belt on their pants, but underwear and legs below underwear completely uncovered. What's the purpose in wearing pants?

That whole thing is an annoying pet peeve of mine.

Comment

It's a shame what they are doing to their own town and someone needs to be held accountable for grown men not knowing that underwear are for inside your pants with pants worn to the waist.
                      My wife and I were at a mall in Asheville, NC this past weekend and a group of guys were walking around with pants around their knees. Everyone of them bent over with one hand holding a belt on their pants, but underwear and legs below underwear completely uncovered. What's the purpose in wearing pants?

That whole thing is an annoying pet peeve of mine.
                      That moment every halfway decent post you've made comes crashing down due to one really stupid one. Yes, pants hanging low are what's wrong with America.

I agree that it's stupid they are destroying their own city... Maybe they should fight the police instead of the gas station windows... Eh, they're living in the moment, let them have this one, it's getting the coverage it wants, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                        That moment every halfway decent post you've made comes crashing down due to one really stupid one. Yes, pants hanging low are what's wrong with America.

I agree that it's stupid they are destroying their own city... Maybe they should fight the police instead of the gas station windows... Eh, they're living in the moment, let them have this one, it's getting the coverage it wants, right?
                        I'm just screwing around with the pants thing, but it is annoying. Destroying their own town is just stupid in my eyes. They'll be asking for funds to rebuild everything when everything is all said and done.

Comment

Hey, free wine is my favorite kind.

That said, a riot is fun for the whole family.
                          dirty30

Comment

They'll be expecting funds to rebuild everything when everything is all said and done.
                            Fixed.
                            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                              Hey, free wine is my favorite kind.

That said, a riot is fun for the whole family.
                              especially the ladies in the family!

Comment

Attacking the news:
                                https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=925447474137340

Comment

Working...
                                X