• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might check this one oot

GRIND CHEROCRAB
    dirty30

Comment

Ahhh a thread for me. Yay.

Mine is a 2000 limited v8. I got it for 4350 with 153k on it. Everything worked, still does. (Except it won't start right now....shhhhhhhhhhh)

As they said, blend door issues with the climate control, but can be fixed with a $100 kit and a couple hours. There are kits now that you don't have to take the dash apart.

Heated seats.....psshhhh, that was fixed awhile ago. They are the best feature of the jeep. Mine still melt my love handles

You want a limited. leather, heated seats, sunroof, dual zone climate control, infinity stereo, nicer/wider tires, and usually a 4.7. Price difference really isn't much.

You want a v8. The 4.7 is a great engine and has testicles in stock form. When you drive one you won't go near a 4.0. 4.7s came with a non c clip 44a (unlike zjs), 4.0s came with D35's. Really, don't even consider the 4.0. Every day I see a thread made on other forums about a broken piston skirt. And they feel gutless in wjs and get the same mileage as the v8.

They have cv front axleshafts so make sure the boots aren't torn.

As Hux said, the wj axle is wider at I believe 63" wms. And, yes, the rear is a 3 link with upper a arm.

As far as tcase goes, the gold mine of a wj is a v8 with selec-trac 242HD. They are rare, and I don't even think they did that in a limited. They are gold because they have open axles that are built much cheaper than quadradrive axles. That is if you're building it. Normal 4.0 wjs came with a non hd 242, same as in xjs.

Quadradrive has the NV247 full time case and LSD axles and is only found with v8 Limiteds and overlands. Mine in stock form was awesome in the snow. It stays in 2wd until it senses slipping. When I went to the 242 case I really didn't see much of a difference if any in gas mileage. I just wanted it for wheeling and the couplers in the 247 were getting shitty because of the big tires. 247s don't like much over a 32" tire. You should be fine in stock form, just make sure you change the fluid in it and make sure it's topped off.

One shitty part of the Limited WJ is the fluids. 247s need special dealer fluid and axles need synthetic w/ mopar friction modifier for the clutches in the LSD.

Pretty much find Nicole's jeep. 02-04 overland/limited. Overlands will go for more money, but have the HO 4.7 (265hp, 330tq vs 235hp, 295tq), factory sliders, two tone leather, nicer 17" chrome wheels, and also quadradrive.

And don't listen to Patrono, he got a lemon.
      Last edited by Pedro; 02-18-2014, 07:45 PM.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

That was exactly what I was looking for.

I guess my reasoning for sticking by the 4.0 is pure nostalgia... and that I know them pretty well.

I guess I'll keep looking around. The saab infuriates me a little more, each time I can't get up my driveway.
        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
          And don't listen to Patrono, he got a lemon.
          this upsets me. i really wish that one was better cause i miss it
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I try to get away from Saabs and just can't seem to not have one for too long...

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
              this upsets me. i really wish that one was better cause i miss it
              it makes me sad too. it was a really pretty one.
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

i still wonder if a wj or a nice zj would be worth it over my pathfinder
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  I try to get away from Saabs and just can't seem to not have one for too long...
                  Don't get me wrong, I love my 9000. It's a trooper always. I just need something less haggard and less pricey to repair.

Found a nice limited near me, black with tan leather woooooooo. I'm sad that it has 110k on it, but I guess that's not bad. The white one in Naugy is a laredo I6 but onyl has 48k.... then again its 10 g's.

Guess I'll go check it out.
                  dirty30

Comment

the more miles, the more likely some of the stupid shit is fixed already
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

I guess that be true. And $10k is high for any used jeep that's now ten years old.

The 06 Saab 9-3 Aero CombiWagon I was looking at started out around 10k, then went up to about $13k after taxes and shiz. And I woulda got raped by insurance.
                      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                        the more miles, the more likely some of the stupid shit is fixed already
                        Yup.

You can get a very nice wj in the $5-7k range
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I found something worth looking at, hiding under the radar at a fairly local used car place
                          dirty30

Comment

Working...
                          X