i need to get the hell out of here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to get the hell out of here

even Forbs magazine says CT blows. interesting read on the downward spiral of this state along with some interesting CT history i wasn't aware of.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowel...ing-economies/

It's funny to see some of the young guys on here who can really leave anytime they want, stay. My wife and I talked about moving but we have 2 homes here and good jobs. So of you young pups need to get a move on and do better somewhere else.

Comment

I read that article yesterday. I'm sticking around for a while, but we are looking for land to build a new place in TN, VA area for retirement. Neither one of us are from CT so we have no intention of staying.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
        It's funny to see some of the young guys on here who can really leave anytime they want, stay. My wife and I talked about moving but we have 2 homes here and good jobs. So of you young pups need to get a move on and do better somewhere else.
        amen!
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

CT is designed to serve very rich people and very poor people...and no one in between. Sooner everyone realizes that, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            CT is designed to serve very rich people and very poor people...and no one in between. Sooner everyone realizes that, the better.
            im not sure but i think thats like (most) everywhere, there really is no more "middle class" if you will. doubt thats just a CT thing....either way i wouldnt wanna live in CT myself...too crowded lol ultimately id love to just go and live in the alaskan wilderness. or just go be a mountain hermit somewhere away from people....people suck
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
            I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
            -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
              im not sure but i think thats like (most) everywhere, there really is no more "middle class" if you will. doubt thats just a CT thing....either way i wouldnt wanna live in CT myself...too crowded lol ultimately id love to just go and live in the alaskan wilderness. or just go be a mountain hermit somewhere away from people....people suck
              Not really, the south, mid west, and the mountain states are all pretty friendly to your average person. Despite the propaganda you may hear, the middle class is alive and well in America.

Comment

In April 2008, Forbes considered Waterbury one of the “Worst Places for Businesses and Careers in America.”
                bottom of page 2 they go off on Waterbury for a little haha.

ya i still have no idea what i'm going to be doing with my life, just have too much shit here in CT. although i would really love to move back out to AZ, much better offroad stuff out that way

Comment

Fuck this state, sooooo hard!!
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17168

More positive Connecticut stats....

I'm sure the stat about young people living at home is great for the economy.
                    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

In a year CT can suck my taillights.
                      OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                      General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
                        In a year CT can suck my taillights.
                        If I got a dollar each time this was said on these forums, I could leave CT

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          If I got a dollar each time this was said on these forums, I could leave CT
                          Why? I am in highschool and dont want to just leave. Im in my last year so it would be retarded for me to do that.

I also have a place to stay in SC so it is a valid option
                          OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                          General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
                            Why? I am in highschool and dont want to just leave. Im in my last year so it would be retarded for me to do that.

I also have a place to stay in SC so it is a valid option
                            Since you're relatively a forum newb, I'll explain it to you. Over the years, countless people have said countless times that they plan to move West, South, to the Moon, whatever at some date in the distant future. Then when the time came, they simply remained where they were, or extended their date out another year, with the exception of one or two cases.

Hence, I would be rich if I received a dollar everytime someone had said what you said.

Comment

Ya. I'm pretty much just lazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X