Photo-Graphy any one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo-Graphy any one?

so anyone mess around with cameras and what not? and i mean like a real camera, SLR of some type. NOT your camera phone and instragram

around here in CT i don't have much to take pics of with my SLR set up, most of my photos are taken while i'm on vacations to Iraq or Afghan or the workup leading up to the dets. other ones are just when i feel like messing around or shooting guns.

when i was on a boat det in 2007 i picked up a used Cannon DLSR with a bunch of extra shit on ebay for $1200 at the time, now it's worth like $200 hahah. but one of the lenses is still good and some extras. although i do want to upgrade the body very bad i just don't have a real reason to.

Al Asad air base Iraq late june 07

figured it out and got a few decent ones although the white balance usually kicked my ass. still haven't quite figured it out, Iraq was very bright and tan so the hardest part during the day time was to not get the pics washed out.

edited them on my comp at the time and some worked while many were just too bad.

pilot

those 3 were from the first day i had the camera out i think, the rest are better hahah.

i'd say my favorite type of photos are night time long exposure pics because you never see things in real life the same way you can in the photos.

one of the guys in my shop low powering a jet at night, probably no moon and the only lights are from builds in the distance and the jet it's self.

these are what i managed to get from other people as i took a lot of pics on the way back on the boat but my hard drive broke so these are all i have of flight ops off the boat.

meh too late now, i'll post more another day. anyone else have some cool pics?
    Last edited by sardo_67; 07-25-2013, 10:47 PM.

No one uses cameras here. Gawd.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

hahah i figured there would be a lot since everyone here just rolls their jeep and breaks shit. then again those are probably just taken with an Iphone and uploaded to Instagram.....#offroading #OMGigotstuck #irun37sonmyD35

Comment

cool pics dude, all this time I've known you now and I never knew you were into photography.

Look for Phil's macro monday threads, they're cool.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Hope someday i learn the way of the camera
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
            cool pics dude, all this time I've known you now and I never knew you were into photography.

Look for Phil's macro monday threads, they're cool.
            i've been thinking about hooking my GoPro up at work and making a time laps vid of..... idk production or Clayton installing a lift on something.

then again, it may just be you standing around and occasionally laying a bead out on the table so it looks like your "working" instead hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
              i've been thinking about hooking my GoPro up at work and making a time laps vid of..... idk production or Clayton installing a lift on something.

then again, it may just be you standing around and occasionally laying a bead out on the table so it looks like your "working" instead hahah.
              lately, that's what I feel like I've been doing....
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

something like this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BbvZgaXfo1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    I hear most production companies are run by gay guys anyway.

Just pick up a cheap 110v flux core MIG welder and start a fab shop. Way easier bro and since you have like 100k posts across all the forums you're on you gotta know what you're doing.

Comment

you will have to come on a trip with us and take some photos. there's definitely a bunch of us on the forum who are into photography. nice work!
                      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Once I get the skid plate on my Jetta ill have to see how far I can get. Already ripped an oil pan off my last Jetta.

Nah, I have an XJ. Probably test it out when I'm done.

Comment

Gunz yo!!!

pretty much no light at all, about 2am Yuma AZ. camera resting on something with the flash on and a 1.5 sec exposure, i told him shoot after you see the flash. came out good actually for this one and a few others

similar thing for this one another time, me shooting an M-14 type i had at the time in low light but the muzzle flash wasn't that big for some reason

friends wife standing through her 04 WJ sunroof with a long exposure on the rest of these.
                          shooting 7.62 tracers out of the 14 at a full grill propane tank... never lit up

picked up some HAZMAT from work, had some fun after the propane tank fail

spray paint cans tend to fly so..... stay on your toes haha.

and this one random time at work

another time with the flash and fire method but not as impressive since the WZ88 has a pretty effective muzzle break.

VT guns circa 2009

night time camp fire.

this didn't really work out, "shot gunned" a box of wine some idiot brought up there that no one drank

for some reason i pictured the 12ga shot blowing all the wine out the back of it similar to what happens when you shoot a person. Well.... it all came back at me. just have to make sure i reek of booze before the 3hr drive back to CT through Mass with 15+ guns and a few thousand round of ammo in the trunk

kinda work guns.... Feb range in Ft Devens mass, live AT4s and LAWs.
                          these are still frames from a POV HD camera i had mounted on my helmet, i actually forgot i had it recording. i was trying to get good shots with my SLR but missed all the fire ball and rocket action.

the next 3 frames you can watch the shock wave flow across the ground from the shooter to where i am. i forget what the resolution was but it was filming at 60FPS

Snipers from last month in Camp Lejue NC shooting tanks from 300m out to 2345M. Also that place SUCKS.

which one of these edited ones is better? more color or less?

Comment

some old ones from Yuma AZ working on the race truck.

this one was fun, like 4am. Chris was half asleep, Mirg fell asleep in the passenger seat with the massive wiring harness in his lap as he was trying to get all the comms, GPS, and everything else set up. fun night

and racing action shot (not mine)

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post

So we can all see hux not working lol
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X