Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Erik Villa flop thread........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im trying to get the video from the philosopher who is so whipped he wont pick up his phone bear with me here!
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

It blew a hole through both sides of the pan in the same spot droping the pan tonight will post photos
      01 tj

Comment

Rod
        Attached Files
        01 tj

Comment

Does the rod still spin free on the crank? I'm still trying to figure out how the hell it happened. Only thing I can think of is that is hydro locked with oil and broke the rod but it doesn't look very bent.
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
            Does the rod still spin free on the crank? I'm still trying to figure out how the hell it happened. Only thing I can think of is that is hydro locked with oil and broke the rod but it doesn't look very bent.
            Nothing looks damaged in there besides the snapped rod, I'm almost wanting to pull the head and put a new rod in and try it out . Not sure if I should do that or just bite the bullet and drop a junk yard motor in avg going price is 1300 . Or maybe i can find a place to rebuild my motor completely for the same cost of a motor with 80k on it .
            01 tj

Comment

I have some parts off of a 4.0 I stripped down recently if you want to try putting in a new rod. your welcome to them

Comment

What's the worst that could happen with a new rod as oppose to a new motor?
                Don't Panic

Comment

Take off the head, check the valves and piston/cylinder. Throw in parts needed and run it
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                    Take off the head, check the valves and piston/cylinder. Throw in parts needed and run it
                    This. head HAS to come off and be inspected though. Pull the rod cap and check the bearing first too.
                    Dan.
                    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I'm picking up an engine tomorrow with 80k on it .dropping it in this weekend and will be done with it I just want it back up and running asap.
                      01 tj

Comment

keep the other anyway. take parts from reid and rebuild it for spare/sell it
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Jon Maru should take some fucking pointers in this thread. Something wrong with your motor, you fix it and keep it.

Glad to see that trail damage doesn't deter some people around here.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Damn $1300 for a 4.0. I think I sold mine out of my xj for $300, but with 140k. That's the beauty of the 4.0, so cheap and can just replace em since there are 42 billion out there.
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Maybe some rollcage protection is in order as well??? Howd the stock cage hold up? At least if ya add to the front then you could fold windshield down/ remove it so if ya were to roll again you wouldnt be out windshield too....
                              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

im going to fix the old motor while its out the new one comes complete with all the components also not just the block . i just need it running for OER so i want to get it back together quick
                                01 tj

Comment

Working...
                                X