Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been in mabell since the snow storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been in mabell since the snow storm?

Woke up early today... figured maybe I will try and get some wheeling in...
    2001 TJ
    2001 Tahoe
    2013 M3
    1986 R65
    1997 Blackbird
    2013 R1200GS

I can only assume it ice.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I'd bet my right nut it's ice. But I only lived up there for 4 years so what would I know.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

I need a mabell trip as soon as everything starts thawing out. I'm itching hardcore to break in the new rubicon. I haven't been up there in years, but my old very mildly modded YJ made it through no problem (obviously skipping over a bunch of obstacles).

Anybody have any recommendations for the minimum requirements to get through there as far as tire size, lift, etc? Would a stock rubi be ok to have some fun with while not beating it up too bad?
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Id like to plan a spring trip.
          You can go through with anything really. To have fun, I say minimum 33's locked front and rear. 35's will get you over a couple more obstacles.
          Spare is good but the trail is short so I dont think its an absolute necessity. Highlift definitely.
          I need to build my traction bar and Ill be ready to go. I love mabell and have some new stuff since last time.
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

mabell is currentally under 2 feet of snow
            04 WJ, 6.5 inch lift on 35'' MTR/K, Clayton long arms,locked
            Jon

Comment

33 open open made it to the top
              2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
              97' zj
              2012 surbra imperza DD
              im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                up gatekeeper?
                Dan.
                2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                  Id like to plan a spring trip.
                  You can go through with anything really. To have fun, I say minimum 33's locked front and rear. 35's will get you over a couple more obstacles.
                  Spare is good but the trail is short so I dont think its an absolute necessity. Highlift definitely.
                  I need to build my traction bar and Ill be ready to go. I love mabell and have some new stuff since last time.
                  I'm in. I have a winch as a worst case scenario lol. Would love to get back into it again, and my brother has been seriously looking at TJ's since I got mine....if he came I'm sure he'd be hooked too.

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                  So then locked locked on 31's should make it too?
                  2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Awesome. I have a winch too. Had to use it twice there. For other people lol.
                    You will make it to the top regardless, just makes a difference of what you can actually do on your way there.
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                      up gatekeeper?
                      I was locked locked
                      2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                      97' zj
                      2012 surbra imperza DD
                      im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
                        I need a mabell trip as soon as everything starts thawing out. I'm itching hardcore to break in the new rubicon. I haven't been up there in years, but my old very mildly modded YJ made it through no problem (obviously skipping over a bunch of obstacles).

Anybody have any recommendations for the minimum requirements to get through there as far as tire size, lift, etc? Would a stock rubi be ok to have some fun with while not beating it up too bad?
                        Which rubi, tj? You might scrape a bunch but you'll get through the whole thing.
                        2001 TJ
                        2001 Tahoe
                        2013 M3
                        1986 R65
                        1997 Blackbird
                        2013 R1200GS

Comment

Originally posted by loudobbs View Post
                          Which rubi, tj? You might scrape a bunch but you'll get through the whole thing.
                          Yea, TJ rubi. I have smittybilt rocker guards that I'd install before hand. Not looking to beat it up too bad my first time out with it, but I am definitely no "pansy" thats afraid to add a few scratches lol. More concerned abut major dents in the body tub!

Comment

Im in for a spring trip! and i made it to the top open open.. up all the bipasses that is =D
                            98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

I was able to do it on 31, open/ worn LSD. You'll be fine if you pick good lines.
                              Don't Panic

Comment

Working...
                              X