Can anyone think of one good reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

My point is that there is no better shepard of the land than the people it means the most to.
    Just like hunters and fisherman. As Andrew said in the other thread, outdoorsman do more for the environment that people who don't do it will ever know. They just think we are killing innocent animals for our own sick pleasure
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
      woah ya don't have to be condescending.
      wasnt intended that way. but the lack of legal off roading is not due to an actual environmental issue, that is rarely ever the case. That is what the environmentalists use as their main tool to manipulate, however.

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
      we don't have the anywhere close to the same political sway that the environmental groups have.
      This however is exactly the reason.

with that said i found this post on my Facebook interesting:

Will I attended a conference in Old Lyme in 2006 through the NOHVCC. The state has had funding for over a decade now to establish legal wheeling in the state. The major downfall now as it was then is there is no one administrative board that wants to assume the responsibility for the legalization of OHVs on state property (public lands). That day we discussed everything from DEP/DOT involvement to tax and permit fees to be set by state legislature, however things dropped off and many of the major supporters have found alternative means of off roading in our area. Resulting in them having stepped away from the group and the political side of the sport.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

wasnt intended that way. but the lack of legal off roading is not due to an actual environmental issue, that is rarely ever the case. That is what the environmentalists use as their main tool to manipulate, however.
          yeah, But the environmentalists will always be right in some respect because they'll always find some impact that ORV use has caused. The bottom line is that this activity does cause a level of impact. We can keep it to a minimum but there will always be some. That's the just the nature of the sport/hobby.

But in reality I think mostly it's liability related. Check out this lady. Blasts her mountain bike into a 4ft x 8ft metal gate. Get's $2.9 mil. But to be fair those gates are really hard to see being bright yellow and all...

http://www.newyorkinjurynews.com/201...005113548.html
          Last edited by wannabejeep; 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

The few morons will always ruins it for the majority, that is certainly true in all walks of life, sadly.

It really is a shame though that the rest of the country (i use that description loosely) can and will enjoy legal OHV-use while we fester.
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

The few morons will always ruins it for the majority, that is certainly true in all walks of life, sadly.
              Rock bouncers come to mind...
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i know there is some private land owned by a club in Groton, CT. Although i dont want to say the name of the club unless someone says i can..?
                98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
                  i know there is some private land owned by a club in Groton, CT. Although i dont want to say the name of the club unless someone says i can..?
                  There is of course private land access..that is the same everywhere. Technically my yard is wheeling land for SIS for who I deem fit

The real topic is public land.
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

SiS should open up an OHV park. but there is no land and everyone is broke as
                    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

There is of course private land access..that is the same everywhere. Technically my yard is wheeling land for SIS for who I deem fit
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                        the point in my original argument was that we have limited area compared to out west. the land here is regular working class people's back yards. they ride a mile into the woods from there house with friends, have a fire, drink and leave garbage among other reasons. moab and johnson valley are thousands of acres and hundreds of miles from civilization in areas.

pretty much it's harder to find a needle in a haystack than a needle in your pocket
                        This.....

Land in CT is scarce, and its expensive. So the big tracks of land (around me) go to environmental preserves or developers. When we have such limited amounts of land compared to other states, why would someone want to reserve a chuck for people to go tear up with jeeps?

Thank god there is 1 leagel dirt bike riding area near me, but its existence is only due to the hard work of many clubs and individuals. I just dont see that with the off road community here in CT
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

The real topic is public land.
                          Sooooo does that mean I should bring my jeep saturday

So why dont weas a club write a proposal for our intentions of a piece of property or area and make an appointment with the governors office to bring it in. Or the Mayors office etc.
                          I definitely dont think that it would be easy, but Id like to believe on some level that it is possible. Portland was allowing people on the fair grounds, and they are probably the worst kind of people.
                          I think if nothing else showing them that there is a responsible level of off roading, and that there are plenty of people who abide by it.
                          I will have to find the link but there was a thread on pirate asking people to take a test to become certified for a tread lightly kind of deal. Maybe a few of us could do that, and find out how to becoe affiliated with them. Im sure it would be greatly to our advantage.
                          Maybe its worth a shot.
                          Dan.
                          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

The truth is, not everyone is responsible. thats it. there is nothing else to say. We all know what we can do to preserve that land and maintain it. But that doesnt prevent the 17 year old kid who just got his license to go rip up that soccer field at midnight. People view us as that because there are people who do that. it may be 1% or less of the community, but thats all it takes unfortunately. Ever heard the saying "If I do something wrong nobody forgets. If I do something right, nobody remembers?"

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Why driving off of pavement in Connecticut is illegal?

Serious.
                              We used to run a bike race in cranberry park at my old bike shop and one year it was nearly cancelled because one woman cried that we would be killing tadpoles in a 20 foot section of the park that floods. This land is an interesting place, one person bitches and we all have to suffer.
                              2001 TJ
                              2001 Tahoe
                              2013 M3
                              1986 R65
                              1997 Blackbird
                              2013 R1200GS

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-Ro...614815?fref=ts

- Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X