No announcement yet.

AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Lycaon;310452][QUOTE=ct67_72;310450]Who would risk their life, plus anothers for autozone?

exactly. but as far as this guy goes, i think he was 100% in the right to defend himself and his co-worker
    x2. There are plenty of people 6 feet under who gave robbers everything they asked for and still got shot. Complying doesn't guarantee that nothing will happen. Maybe 10 years ago that was true, but now people will kill just so they won't have a witness. Screw Autozone.

I worked for Dunkin Donuts during high school which had the same policy. They were under the idea that if something happened we were supposed to stay clear out of it and obey and do everything they asked. I worked night shifts where it was dead and nobody was around, and I often worked with some cute females. Does that mean if a guy comes in and robs the place and tries to rape one of them I'm not supposed to take action? I'd rather lose my job than watch that happen. Same with the Autozone situation. You never know how people will react. I'd rather be job searching than dead.
    -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

[quote=jeepkid03;310705][quote=Lycaon;310452]
      Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
      Who would risk their life, plus anothers for autozone?

x2. There are plenty of people 6 feet under who gave robbers everything they asked for and still got shot. Complying doesn't guarantee that nothing will happen. Maybe 10 years ago that was true, but now people will kill just so they won't have a witness. Screw Autozone.

I worked for Dunkin Donuts during high school which had the same policy. They were under the idea that if something happened we were supposed to stay clear out of it and obey and do everything they asked. I worked night shifts where it was dead and nobody was around, and I often worked with some cute females. Does that mean if a guy comes in and robs the place and tries to rape one of them I'm not supposed to take action? I'd rather lose my job than watch that happen. Same with the Autozone situation. You never know how people will react. I'd rather be job searching than dead.
      Rape and robbery are a little different. Rape is intent to hurt someone.
      So your saying that complying with a robber and pulling a gun on them gives you the same probability of getting shot?
      People who rob places, especially like that, are scum bag piece of shit morons that need fast money for drugs, not to kill someone. With the amount of survelance that they typically have, chances are that they are going to be caught anyway. Why take the chance in escalating it? To be the hero? The guy still fled the scene. How do you pull a gun on someone and they get away? Thats the question.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

[quote=ct67_72;310707][quote=jeepkid03;310705]
        Originally posted by Lycaon View Post

Rape and robbery are a little different. Rape is intent to hurt someone.
        So your saying that complying with a robber and pulling a gun on them gives you the same probability of getting shot?
        People who rob places, especially like that, are scum bag piece of shit morons that need fast money for drugs, not to kill someone. With the amount of survelance that they typically have, chances are that they are going to be caught anyway. Why take the chance in escalating it? To be the hero? The guy still fled the scene. How do you pull a gun on someone and they get away? Thats the question.
        Two towns over there was a gas station robbed at gun point. The manager gave the robber everything he wanted and complied with everything he asked for. It was on video, and the guy still shot him. He died on the scene.

Yes rape and robbery are a little different, but so is home invasion. Nobody knows what is going to happen when a guy pulls out a weapon.

I don't know how the guy got away in the Autozone robbery. If he shot the guy he could've at least said he threatened him and had to be shot, haha.
        -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Working...
        X