AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery

AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Devin McLean and his store manager were about to close the AutoZone in York County, Va. when a gunman barged into the store.
    “He pulled a gun from his waist band and demanded me and my manager go back into the office,” McLean told Fox News.
    At some point, McLean was left in a restroom while the gunman made the manager open the store safe. That’s when McLean, a 23-year-old Air Force veteran, bolted through a side door and ran to his truck.
    He returned through the front door holding a Glock 40 – pointed directly at the masked robber.
    “I told him to freeze and to drop his weapon,” McLean told Fox News.
    Instead, the robber took off – last seen running down the street from the store.
    “I watched him run down the street,” he said. “I came back inside and made sure my manager was okay and he called the police.”

Off to napa I go. Thats just messed up
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

What was his reason for getting fired?
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

From what I understand it violates their "no gun" policy.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
        From what I understand it violates their "no gun" policy.
        So if he hit him over the head with a tire iron it would of been perfectly acceptable?
        Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
          So if he hit him over the head with a tire iron it would of been perfectly acceptable?
          apparently
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

when i worked for autozone they always told us that if someone were to try and rob the place you were to comply and let them away with whatever they take. you were not to try to stop them. thats most likely why they fired him. autozone doesnt care about their employees, i was told when i was a driver that if i was involved in an accident regardless of whos fault it was i was to be terminated. its just one of those things that makes a corporate business so much fun to work for... autozone
            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
              when i worked for autozone they always told us that if someone were to try and rob the place you were to comply and let them away with whatever they take. you were not to try to stop them. thats most likely why they fired him. autozone doesnt care about their employees, i was told when i was a driver that if i was involved in an accident regardless of whos fault it was i was to be terminated. its just one of those things that makes a corporate business so much fun to work for... autozone
              It was their no gun policy. But I understand where they are coming from. Who would risk their life, plus anothers for autozone? Who gices a shit, let them take whatever they want. The company would rather loose whats in the safe than have someone loose their life in the store.
              Good for the guy for standing up to this scum bag, but seriously, its autozone, just give him what he wants or knock the piece of shit out with something.
              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

[QUOTE=ct67_72;310450]Who would risk their life, plus anothers for autozone?[QUOTE]

exactly. but as far as this guy goes, i think he was 100% in the right to defend himself and his co-worker
                2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                  It was their no gun policy. But I understand where they are coming from. Who would risk their life, plus anothers for autozone? Who gices a shit, let them take whatever they want. The company would rather loose whats in the safe than have someone loose their life in the store.
                  Good for the guy for standing up to this scum bag, but seriously, its autozone, just give him what he wants or knock the piece of shit out with something.
                  I always felt that way working in retail. I always said I'd help them load stuff up, show them where the good stuff is, and ask them to drop what I wanted outside for me on their way out.

Comment

some times i bring my 870 to work dreaming of some one to rob the place...... the bosses love it!
                    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

This has been all over the place.
                      I wouldn't want to risk tying to predict criminal intentions there have been plenty of cases where they criminal goes on a shooting spree for absolutely no reason.

I wouldn't take that risk.

Point a gun at me, my family a couple close friends your going to die. Anyone else sorry your on your own I'm going make sure I make it home to my family.

I would have just said I went on my break.

<object width="640" height="360">
                      <param name="movie" value="http://www.nranews.com/embedded/bn_videoplayer.swf"/>
                      <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
                      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
                      <param name="FlashVars" value="autoPlay=true&amp;videoInfo=http://www.nranews.com/ds/svc/videodetails?videoid=8295"/>
                      <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.nranews.com/embedded/bn_videoplayer.swf" flashvars="autoPlay=true&amp;videoInfo=http://www.nranews.com/ds/svc/videodetails?videoid=8295"/>
                      </object>
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

knowing autozone........ they couldnt find the safe.
                        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                        -57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

The man that Kat Williams punched got fired.
                          Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Somebody please find that if Autozone comments
                            Last edited by hippie metal; 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM.
                            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

THe corporate policy is probably set with the though in mind "How much can they really steal from an autozone". Better to let a thief go here taking a few grand and there then to have to worry about lawsuits costing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Not to mention the bad image of dead people in autozones.

So the guy got fired, the publicity will probably get him a better job anyway and I hope he does

Comment

Working...
                              X