X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as much as I dont like ford...

kudos to them

Ford slashes automotive debt by 38 percent
    DETROIT, April 6 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) has reduced its automotive debt by 38 percent, or $9.9 billion, part of a series of moves to bolster its finances amid the global automotive downturn, the company said on Monday..

The debt reduction will reduce Ford's annual cash interest expense by more than $500 million, it said.

Ford, the only U.S. automaker that has not sought emergency U.S. government loans, is using $2.4 billion in cash and 468 million shares of its common stock to reduce its outstanding automotive debt by $9.9 billion from $25.8 billion at the end of 2008.

Ford has also reached an agreement with the United Auto Workers union that would slash cash payments for its retiree health care and is powering ahead of domestic rivals General Motors Corp (GM.N) and Chrysler in restructuring to survive the lowest U.S. auto sales in nearly three decades.

"By substantially reducing our debt, Ford is taking another step toward creating an exciting, viable enterprise," Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally said in a statement.

"As with our recent agreements with the UAW, Ford continues to lead the industry in taking the decisive actions necessary to weather the current downturn and deliver long-term profitable growth," Mulally said
    http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090406?rpc=44

this means what in english????
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
      this means what in english????
      unlike gm and Chrysler, they are cutting cost and doing what they have to in order to survive.. They have not asked for money from the government..

Comment

O.... yea i still hate fords haha
        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

hazzah for ford, they are workign on getting better than the others. i think ford will be the ones to survive it

Comment

I dont hate ford, i dislike some of their products.. well... new ones. and some old ones.

to them.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              I dont hate ford, i dislike some of their products.. well... new ones. and some old ones.

to them.
              x2.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Now if they can just get ride of shitty Diesels.
                2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Originally posted by OTTE View Post
                  Now if they can just get ride of shitty Diesels.
                  are you on drugs?

Comment

6.0L was one of the worst diesels ever made. 6.4L is a little better last I heard. I have a right to hate Ford Diesels, I have worked on them.

Comment

Originally posted by OTTE View Post
                      6.0L was one of the worst diesels ever made. 6.4L is a little better last I heard. I have a right to hate Ford Diesels, I have worked on them.
                      truth. 6.0l's sucked ass. the 7.3 wasnt bad tho
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

7.3L was damn near bullet proof the last few years of production.

Comment

7.3L is a hellava motor.

my friend has a hopped up 6.0L in his 350, re-geared to 4:88 (i think) pushing 38.5" tires. the thing SCREWS and doesnt cause him any problems (and he beats the fuck out of it
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Some trucks are different. It all really depends how the truck is maintained I think.

Comment

The powerstroke diesel is awesome
                              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Working...
                              X