HEELLOOOO from WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEELLOOOO from WA

Hey guys i havent really been around for awhile and thats because I moved my entire life to WA state. Thought I would pop in and say hi and share some pictures of some of the views this place has the offer. It was a big culture shock coming out here, there are thousands of miles of legal 4 wheeling and dirtbike/atv trails. Its an awsome feeling to be able to drive 25mins and wheel all day for free and legally!!! I highly recommend it to anyone. I was planning on moving out here a while ago and the wife and I finally set a date. I got really lucky and got hired by Boeing as a CNC Machine mechanic so besides my commute to work being a little on the long side I dont have much to complain about.
    I flew my wife and out daughter out on a plane and my and my father drove my truck with my trailer in tow. We averaged about 750 miles a day, stopped every night at a nice hotel with a pool and hot tub and it still only took us 4 days.

Local towing company picking up my jeep for the shipping company (Boeing shipped my jeep and most of our stuff out)

7am the morning I left, I was still just about able to fill the floor of the trailer with last minute shit..

Towing the trailer i averaged about 8-9.5 mpg, knowing this was going to be the case I built an aux tank that bolts the the bottom of the tool box in the bed. It uses a 12v solenoid valve and gravity feeds into the filler of the main tank it holds about 32 gallons, and it came in handy a few times!

We saw alot of this..corn..corn.........CORN..the country is boring as shit until you get past South Dakota.

Leaving sturgis South Dakota, you can just see the hills starting to pop up, they just get bigger from there.

fueling up somwhere in Montana

I had about a week before I started at Boeing so me and Sarah didnt waste any time getting out and enjoying the forest. This is mt Rainer national park about 2 hours away.

My inlaws also have property in capital forest and while there arent any 4-wheeling trails in capital there are hundreds of miles of logging roads to explore.

Out in Evans Creek ORV, I had our daughter with is so we only hit some green trails but we really went out for the views anyways.

Trail looks super easy..and it was..but right through the trees on the rights you are pretty much riding along a cliff side to it really adds to the pucker factor.

Stopped in a clearing at a trail intersection.

Did a dirt bike ride with my father in law in the Gifford state forest. View of Mt Hood in Oregon where we stopped for lunch.

Rock outcrop also at our lunch stop.

Stopping for a break in a meadow. I was riding my father in laws old WR250 (he since has bought a new BMW 450)..Its not my CR250 race bike but I was impressed.

Alex from Master Pull turned me on to PNWjeep and the weekend after I got there attended their huge meet and greet..what an event. Did some wheeling and won a ton of stuff from their raffle. Pic of our campsite

Lastly a pic of Aurora Sunday morning waking up at the meet and greet, it was about 45 degrees in the morning so I rigged my alpacka hat for her and bundled her up. Well I hope you guys enjoyed my shitty cell phone pics..Maybe ill buy a real camera someday...haha

Last edited by netrachamp1853; 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Looks good buddy... Glad to hear you and the family are doing well and everyone is happy/healthy!
    https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
    https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
    94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

hello!!

awesome pics! the land looks so beautiful........ i would love to get out there one day to wheel!
      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Hey man! Good to hear from you again. Glad all is well, kid seems happy...shell grow up to be a wheeler living out on the awesome side of the country. Good luck with everything, be sure to pop in more often
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Looks like everythings coming together for you out there, I've seen some of the pics on facebook and to be honest it's one of the best things you could've done for your family. Hopefully I'll see ya when you come back east to visit.

Comment

im gonna try and keep up around here but i dont stop to sit down much haha, im looking at closing on a house hopfully next week...if all goes well but some of us kow how that can go sometimes. Once we are settled there and I get the garage setup I can finally resume work on my cherokee! i havent been able to touch it for about 4 months now between the move and all..I just drive it to work and back.
            98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
              fueling up somwhere in Montana
              Montana

you need a better camera more than I do

A lot of wildfires and smoke out there too?
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Pics look great buddy, glad to hear all is going well for you!
                06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
                  hello!!

awesome pics! the land looks so beautiful........ i would love to get out there one day to wheel!
                  The house Im hopfully signing the papers on monday has 3 bedrooms and we are basically filling one of the rooms with bunk beds so if you feel like taking a road trip

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                    Montana

you need a better camera more than I do

A lot of wildfires and smoke out there too?
                    The fires are on the east side of the mountains (Im on the west side), so its really hasnt been a problem for us, just a little hazy.

Comment

sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

are you anywhere near auburn? guy i bought the supercharger kit from lives there and is in pnw jeep
                        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Yea I drive though Auburn everyday on my way to work. Theres a good chance i coulda met him at the meet and greet haha.

Comment

his user name is CanMan
                            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Working...
                            X