Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Yankees are the best team in baseball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
    I have so much built up rage its finally coming out.
    You need to have a vent/rant thread. The Chronicles of Dizzy.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      You need to have a vent/rant thread. The Chronicles of Dizzy.
      dizzy and confused in las vegas
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
        dizzy and confused in las vegas
        Dont ypu get me started on vegas. I need to be there so bad but my girlfriend says she thinks vegas is dumb. Ummmmmmm hellfuckingo its vegas its awesome.
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

tell us diz, how does that make you feel?
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

rant thread being typed now. sorry nick back to the yankees.
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I don't watch sports, at all. My wife, on the other hand, watches sports. She likes the red sox. I like the red sox better than the yankees because the yankees are too clean cut.

Comment

Call hot 93.7 and tell em' why you mad
                God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

as awesome as getting ichiro is in the grand scheme of things... super nervous about what this will mean for swish

Comment

Swish is injured, and when he comes back, either he or Ichiro will move to left fulltime.

Jones and Ibanez will get some rest, DH, start every now and then

Comment

The Mariners trade off every good player they have. I really need to get out of this area.
                      YJ on 37s, coilovers, etc

MaxRev MotorMedia

Jonasson Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Look at their lineup:

Jeter: 13x all star, 5x gold glove winner, 4x silver slugger winner, 2x hank aaron award winner, rookie of the year, all star mvp, world series mvp,
                        Granderson: 3x all star, silver slugger winner
                        Rodriguez: 14x all star, 10x silver slugger winner, 4x hank aaron award winner, 3x AL MVP, 2x gold glove winner, AL batting champion
                        Cano: 4x all star, 3x silver slugger winner, gold glove winner
                        Teixeira 2x all star, 4x gold glove winner, AL home run champion
                        Ibanez: all star
                        Jones: 5x all star, 10x gold glove winner, MLB home run champ, NL RBI champ, silver slugger winner, hank aaron award winner
                        Ichiro: 10x all star, 10x gold glove winner, 3x silver slugger winner, 2x AL batting champion, AL mvp, AL rookie of the year, all star mvp, stolen base champion
                        Martin 3x all star, gold glove winner, silver slugger winner

So to summarize, tonight, the Yankee lineup will hold the follow awards:
                        4 AL MVPs
                        55 all star appearances
                        33 gold gloves
                        23 silver slugger awards
                        7 Hank Aaron awards
                        2 Rookie of the Year awards
                        2 All Star MVPs
                        1 World Series MVP

You can love or hate the Yankees, but you have to admit thats an impressive collection of talent. What other team has ever fielded an entire starting lineup of All-Stars?
                        Any other team in baseball could do exactly the same thing if they had the money to consistently pull in the big names. The Yankees bullpin has more money than some entire teams. The yankees wouldn't have that line-up if they had the funds of the Padres. 200 mil goes a long way. I am not a hater; however, if you mention why they are the best you better note the amount of money they have. The Yankees are a great team and have awesome players. But lets be real, those players are not there because they like Times Square and visiting the Empire State building.
                        Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                          I am not a hater
                          complete lie
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Any other team in baseball could do exactly the same thing if they had the money to consistently pull in the big names. The Yankees bullpin has more money than some entire teams. The yankees wouldn't have that line-up if they had the funds of the Padres. 200 mil goes a long way. I am not a hater; however, if you mention why they are the best you better note the amount of money they have. The Yankees are a great team and have awesome players. But lets be real, those players are not there because they like Times Square and visiting the Empire State building.
                            This. Money talks

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ba-Riedo View Post
                              The Mariners trade off every good player they have. I really need to get out of this area.
                              Maybe he wanted too much and the Mariners couldn't pay him? I don't know the fine details, but I'm sure someone who follows closer than I do can tell us.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Money certainly does help, but to get that money you need to put a good product on the field perenially, it doesn't just appear out of thin air

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                                Maybe he wanted too much and the Mariners couldn't pay him? I don't know the fine details, but I'm sure someone who follows closer than I do can tell us.
                                Mariners are re-building, Ichiro figured he wasn't a part of it anymore and figured he might as well let the younger guys develop and play. He also felt like being on a winning team.

Comment

Working...
                                X