No announcement yet.

How much would someone charge to paint an XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends mostly on what's involved for prep, and body work. Typically for me to prep and paint single stage it can be done for 6-700$
    Including materials. Base clear is significantly more. Depending on the color sometimes you only want base clear.
    Basic colors are fine single stage.
    I had plans of setting up my garage to paint in but haven't got there yet. I've done partials but no full jobs yet.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

if your cheap like me you buy lacquer base paints that cant be sprayed anymore by local body shops , and use jamming clear on the whole body.... about 100 bucks in paint, thinner, cleaners and clear.. haha

ive sprayed almost entirely lacquer based paints though, and its a joy to spray enamel compared to it.

Comment

They dont use laquer any more for a reason. You can buff it to an unbelievable shine, but its never really dry. It shrinks and expands, and after a while it ends up cracking and looking like shit. Your body work better be perfect too because it just sinks in imperfections.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

im well aware why they dont use lacquer anymore, my car is lacquer silver, and candied over to give the copper/ gold look.then cleared its held up thus far, but i would have much rather have not used lacquer. has anyone sprayed these new waterborne automotive paints yet?

Comment

Originally posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
            im well aware why they dont use lacquer anymore, my car is lacquer silver, and candied over to give the copper/ gold look.then cleared its held up thus far, but i would have much rather have not used lacquer. has anyone sprayed these new waterborne automotive paints yet?

too bad those rims wobbled so bad, it looked sharp as hell like that
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
            I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
            -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

dare i bump this?
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Have you considered maaco or asking around?
                Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                  Have you considered maaco or asking around?
                  plz leave earth
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    plz leave earth
                    Lol

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i just read this whole thread and couldn't stop laughing

Comment

Originally posted by TIE ROD View Post
                        i just read this whole thread and couldn't stop laughing
                        i just re-read it all again and it makes me hate the human race
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

$1...is this like price is right or no...

I can rattlecan the shit out of it for you. I'll be doing my new front fenders with a quality base coat and several layers of clear coat. Ill let you know how it turns out
                          05 Black Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by AngryTJ View Post
                            $1...is this like price is right or no...

I can rattlecan the shit out of it for you. I'll be doing my new front fenders with a quality base coat and several layers of clear coat. Ill let you know how it turns out
                            i can rattlecan well, but this jeep isnt a rattlecan jeep
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I wish my garage was setup I would do it for materials. I really need a place to paint. Next garage will have a bay for paint.
                              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

you know, now that I think about it though my high school auto body teacher has the old school spray booth at his house. His prices should be good and he is a fantastic painter. I could check into if if youd like. Hes in Durham
                                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                                X