No announcement yet.

Gun Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses,i'll post up pics when we get it.

Comment

Rofl i was half asleep when i posted that, for somereason i was thinkin about pistols, one of my friends was freaky out once when i showed him my ar15 cuz he though they where illegal to own ha

Comment

So i went to my fathers house to help him fix his garage door and he gave me the rifle for my son.I haven't seen this gun in about 20 years and i thought it was a Winchester but it is a Marlin model 39a,and while he was cleaning out his gun cabinet he gave me one of his 12 gauges,its a Winchester defender.Also he gave me a belt of blanks for an m60 that he brought back from when he was in Vietnam which was pretty cool.

Comment

I want to stab you for that Marlin.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            I want to stab you for that Marlin.
            I love the gun,i believe i was about 7 or 8 when he bought it,so it has to be about 32-33 years old,the wood needs a little cleaning,it sat in his gun cabinet in the garage for years with no care.Any suggestions on what to use to clean it up a bit?

Comment

This thread contains useful information thank you. I was incorrectly informed by a kid I used to work with that when long guns are transferred you have to call a number to let the government know. My father always taught me otherwise though.
              -Matt
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by stompjrkz400 View Post
                Rofl i was half asleep when i posted that, for somereason i was thinkin about pistols, one of my friends was freaky out once when i showed him my ar15 cuz he though they where illegal to own ha
                pissdrunk
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

I'll just ask my question in here instead of making another thread.

Lets say you're going to a shooting range, and want to bring all of your guns along with you. Do you need any permits or anything on them if you're carrying them with you? What would happen if you were to get pulled over? Do you have to be a certain age to drive around with these? I'd assume it's 21, but am unsure. I have an old Revelation 20 gauge shotgun, and a 12 gauge mossberg 600at made in New Haven, that i have no idea where they came from, or if i should have papers on them.
                  Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleuj17 View Post
                    I love the gun,i believe i was about 7 or 8 when he bought it,so it has to be about 32-33 years old,the wood needs a little cleaning,it sat in his gun cabinet in the garage for years with no care.Any suggestions on what to use to clean it up a bit?
                    Yes, be careful with it, treat her like a lady and keep her nice and lubed up.

The action is a takedown, so the takedown screw on the right side should loosed up but no be removed, and then you have easy access to the internals to clean and oil.

When pushing a patch through the barrel, make sure to secure the ejector. You fold the little tab down on the left side of the action and there is a screw there to hold it flush. It's a hard part to get, so don't break it. When the ejector is out of the way, you can clean the barrel unabated. When reassembling, just turn the screw a bit and pop the ejector back out, it's under spring tension.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                    X