No announcement yet.

Trike Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringing home some tube for phil from work tomr. gonna get it done on saturday.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

you making one too matt? ill bring my frame to the m&g so ppl can see in person...i think others should aswell
      1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Idk i got plenty of tube laying around, i might as well.

Phil.... what is the ID of those wheels you bought?? I can get grade 8 stuff to use as spindles.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

dude could you grab me something for spindles aswell if possible? im dumbfounded and fumbling ideas on a prime way to make them...i want it to be legit..and hell yea you should make one...the more the marrier!

oh and i forgot to add...i give alot of credit to people whom weld cages...its alot harder to weld small diameter tubing than it is square anything...jesus im glad i ground my welds down hhahaha
          1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

My progress is simply parts acquisition.

Bike.

Rear wheels.

8" PVC pipe with some Lawn Mower wheels with bearings.

PRESS FIT, NIKKA.

Construction on the beast will start this weekend.

Good progress, Ben!! Good to see a frame!

ZULLO, I NEED GRADE 8 BOLTS. I'll call you tomorrow and get the exact dimensions.
            Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Plenty of tube, you say?

I will be looking for some if there is any to spare..
              Please don't make me use rtv and duct tape guys, I'm already not running brakes, so the risk of my death is already fairly high.
              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

thanks mang...that bike is noice aswell, i really like the style of those bars...my goal is to kind of have a raked out front a little chopperish, im thinking about making custom bars and kind of stretching the stance on it a little...good to see people are taking it seriously....

HOWS THAT WILLIAM!? SiS algori...WHAT!?

Comment

i have a couple 26" scrap sections that i can use to make rear axles. I'm hoping they're long enough.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Yeah, this bike was a score and a fucking half. Front brake is a plus and so are the pegs in the rear. Beastmode.
                    sigpic

Comment

my rear axle is 41" wide and seems a LITTLE too wide so i may chop some off depending on what it looks like with wheels...26" might be a little too short though...

Comment

we should have a pre meet and greet wrench/trike building fest...like we do pre OER

Comment

I'm shooting for a 36" rear axle.
                          sigpic

Comment

The "average" drift trike rear end measures about between 27" and 35"...
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

that + the added width of the wheels should be ideal id say..cant know till we try it though i guess

Comment

I have a fat ass. 36" axle for me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X