X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's sweet! I love backyard fab
    dirty30

Comment

thanks dillon! i saw it behind my shed this afternoon when i was splitting wood and the first thing that came to mind was drift trike...so i figured if i got this far i would follow through with it hahah
      1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Good point, this weekend is shit for me but hopefully midweek ill get my frame made
        dirty30

Comment

Nice, Ben! I wasn't even thinking about doing the cut and welds.... duhhhh!

I scored a steel frame today off a bike... I bought my buddy lunch for it... So we'll call it under 10$...

I have no front brakes, kind of the least of my worries at the moment. I'll take the tire of the small bike I posted earlier in the thread, the rear end is still up in air...

I'll probably just buy some wheels like Phil has... I'm going to shop around for wider ones (his were 2.75" each, I believe). It'll be a little less wide, but should still do the trick... Not sure on pipe yet or if this frame will even work...
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

yea im not too sure on what kinda wheels i should use either...im thinking ones off of a shifter kart type deal then slide the PVC over them then overinflate the fuck out of them...idk though we'll see what i can source, i have a bike that im getting tomorrow i think...not sure though

OHHHHH HARBOR FREIGHT HAS THE PERFECT REAR WHEELS I JUST REMEMBERED! schweeeeeeeeeeeeet
            Last edited by tjramplebump; 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM.
            1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/4-10-4-CARLISLE-Turf-Saver-Trailer/dp/B0015Y7L2A[/ame]
              3.8" wide... I'm going to try and find wider... if you do (anyone) post up!

Comment

they're too tall for pvc though im thinking like 7" is pushing it man...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqhZAgZ6vA&feature=related[/ame]

this brit kid has a really good idea with the threaded rod through the rear axle i think thats how im gunna do it

Comment

yep, just an example. I think that was the plan all along with the rear axle connection. Where did you get pipe? Buy it? HOw much?

Comment

what the pipe i made the frame with? or the PVC to slide over the tires?

the pipe i had laying around in my yard...i think it was a build it yourself shit ladder or something that i just cut up...the PVC i havent gotten yet cause i want to get the rear tires first so i know what size pipe to get...but when i DO get it my old boss has every size PVC in a schedule 40 super thick flavor for extra longevity...when i figure out what my rear tire is ill hit him up, if i have any extra ill let you know

Comment

I meant the pipe for frame, nice find. That's the spot that's going to kill me, I think... Ah well, hopefully I'll have more figured out by tomorrow. Good going on the build, glad people are actually doing it!

Comment

Btw guys, I think I have a huge section or large diameter pvc at my pops house.
                        dirty30

Comment

Comment

that would be great, if we all come up with mass amounts of any type of material it could really help cut the cost for alot of our builds, if i can come up with any pipe or anything then ill donate myself aswell, but chris...im going to have an entire bike frame to get rid of because all i need is the forks/bars/tires/and the piece that hold its on, so if you can get that from the bikes you posted pictures from i can give u the frame i scrap and you can make your frame from that

Comment

Here is an idea... If you don't want to spend the money on fancy wheels, like phil...
                              Attached Files

Comment

i think we have a winner...!

Comment

Working...
                                X