No announcement yet.

Trike Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you need someone to help ya weld dickerman i got yer back...rtv doesnt make for a safe drift machine, plus id rather help put one together first before i start mine...

lemme know when you wanna get started i just got a full tank of argon, new welding tips and some new wireeeee
    1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

I might go studs, wayttyyyy less moving parts.
      dirty30

Comment

Back in the day we would race down with the fisher price plastic wagons and steer with the t handle. Let me check the crawl space for parts. Good will would be a good place to look too.
        Don't Panic

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
          I wonder how large you can get pvc...

Also you think functioning pedals are necessary
          Dillion, There only difference is with a pedal you can move it yourself. I'm personally going to run pegs (unless I just happen to find pedals) because you look like an asshole if you're riding a tricycle on flat ground anyhow. Haha.

Originally posted by tjramplebump View Post
          if you need someone to help ya weld dickerman i got yer back...rtv doesnt make for a safe drift machine, plus id rather help put one together first before i start mine...

lemme know when you wanna get started i just got a full tank of argon, new welding tips and some new wireeeee
          Brian (thats your name, right?), I appreciate the offer but I think Phil and I are going to assemble together. If you want to join us in assembly, you may want to ask him, since I imagine I'll be at his place. I'll post up if anything changes. Thanks!

Overall this project is looking to be cheaper than originally anticipated which is full of win. I'm going to try and find a part every day for it so I don't end up losing interest.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

I might go studs, wayttyyyy less moving parts.
            good idea dillon...i think pegs would work better aswell to have your feet in a stationary place as apposed to close to the ground at some points....less chance for a broken ankle...
            1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

[QUOTE=Riot;281418]Brian (thats your name, right?), I appreciate the offer but I think Phil and I are going to assemble together. If you want to join us in assembly, you may want to ask him, since I imagine I'll be at his place. I'll post up if anything changes. Thanks!
              [QUOTE]

Ben...but i give you points for getting the B right atleast...well idk if phil has welder but you are both welcome to come to my house if need be..if not then we'll see what happens

fuk the quote thing

i promise not to rant about african children

im also thinking about getting soe 1x3 or 1x2 square stock from logan to do my frame...idk i'm sure we can all collaborate a good design with using all our ideas...
              Last edited by tjramplebump; 03-08-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

To be honest you wont see me trolling the local parking lots pedalling around.

Behind a motor vehicle maybe.....

I figure I'll make mine as wide as possible, biggest rear tires as i can get.

What are you guy doing for brakes, just standard scrubs up front? I might try and finagle a read e brake for epic sideways-ness but having not really ridden one of these i dont kow how necessary it would even be... they look pretty slidy anyways
                dirty30

Comment

[quote=tjramplebump;281420][QUOTE=Riot;281418]Brian (thats your name, right?), I appreciate the offer but I think Phil and I are going to assemble together. If you want to join us in assembly, you may want to ask him, since I imagine I'll be at his place. I'll post up if anything changes. Thanks!

Ben...but i give you points for getting the B right atleast...well idk if phil has welder but you are both welcome to come to my house if need be..if not then we'll see what happens

fuk the quote thing

i promise not to rant about african children

im also thinking about getting soe 1x3 or 1x2 square stock from logan to do my frame...idk i'm sure we can all collaborate a good design with using all our ideas...
                  Shit, my bad... Ben*

To be honest you wont see me trolling the local parking lots pedalling around.

Behind a motor vehicle maybe.....

I figure I'll make mine as wide as possible, biggest rear tires as i can get.

What are you guy doing for brakes, just standard scrubs up front? I might try and finagle a read e brake for epic sideways-ness but having not really ridden one of these i dont kow how necessary it would even be... they look pretty slidy anyways
                  That would be pretty good, Im not as awesome as you so Ill probably just mount nerf guns to the front. HA

Comment

Looks like I need an old steel frame. Anyone have one? Preferably a female bike, 16"-20"....

Comment

you should be able to get some square stock from logans bargain barn for near nothing...i may ever throw down with you and we can fab up 2 frames...all we really need is the part in the front that the bars go into...ive seen people mig steel to aluminum before...itll be strong enough for what we need i think...

Comment

The thing with buying steel for the frame is we have to bend it and then weld on the handlebars.
                        If we just find a bike and chop it... It's only a rear axle that needs to be connected and maybe one more straight piece from the frame to said axle.

Craigslist has been of no help.

Comment

no need to bend make 45 degree cuts and then weld it together...i think that is our best bet honestly man...we'll see what happens

Comment

Here is my plan. The bike I had originally thought would work is too big and it isnt even mine, so I scored another smaller BMX fixie this morning with a front hand break and pegs so fucking SCORE. I'm going pegs, it's all downhill anyway and pedals would cost too much.

The only thing I've purchased so far are the rear wheels (which had bearing already in them), picked up 4 of them and I'm going to make the rear PVC tires 7" wide each. $60 down the shitpipe, $10 overbudget for me, but so far everything else has been free. It was like God wanted me to build this thing. Went into a scrapyard in Bridgeport to see if they had any PVC at all and right as we pulled in there was a length of it right there 7 7/8 or so inside diameter, 8" outside diameter. It was beaten and cracked in some places, but I can get 2 7" lengths out of it.

Zullo said he can hook me up with a spare piece of DOM for the rear axle, so I wait for him on that. When that's all set, I'm done. I've got a steel frame bike to chop up that has brakes up front, pegs, will completely fabricate the rear axle using the machines and steel I have here at my shop and I can't wait to start building it.

IM SO PUMPED.
                            Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

phil just curious what are you using for your rear tires?

i just got done fabbing welding/cutting/grinding my entire custom frame..im waiting on my dads buddy for a donor bike so i can get the front end off it and weld it on to my back bone...i think my frame came out pretty well though ill post pics when i figure out how to do so...if i could purchase those other 2 wheels off you i would really appreciate that man...all i need is a donor bike and the rear wheels

Comment

now...i know my triangulation is off but i did it all by eye and with a grinder...itll be covered by a seat anyway...this all started with straight red tubing...only took me a few hours too...it seems real strong and will serve its purpose though

Comment

Working...
                                X