steel supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steel supplier

looking for a place that i can buy some square steel tube stock like 3/4 x 3/4 or 1"x 1" any places round here that sells metals?
    01 tj

Meriden. Logan steel
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

They have excellent prices. and a pretty good selection
      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
      Eric

Comment

i found logan steel really overpriced on a lot of things. maybe they have changed but dont be afraid to open the yellow book and cal around to metal and fabrication shops. i like going to metal scrap yards, they have a good selection of stuff that needs a quick flapper wheel, and they will charge for the weight of the steel.
        and depending how much you need you can usually get those sizes at home depot.
        Last edited by justtorchit; 02-29-2012, 05:40 AM.
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
          i found logan steel really overpriced on a lot of things. maybe they have changed but dont be afraid to open the yellow book and cal around to metal and fabrication shops. i like going to metal scrap yards, they have a good selection of stuff that needs a quick flapper wheel, and they will charge for the weight of the steel.
          and depending how much you need you can usually get those sizes at home depot.
          Yea logan was the only place ive known about i was looking to see if there were any places closer to me . Home depot did have the tube but it was like 8 dollars for a 3ft piece and i would need like 16 of them .
          01 tj

Comment

Watcha makin?!?!
            -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
            -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
            -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
            -57 GMC Pickup
            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

I have always wondered, Do places like Logan stock things like 2x6 box tubing, or 2x2 square tube or any types of DOM? I have been to Logan once but only really bothered with the bargain barn. It's been my impression that they don't(at least for DOM), and I don't what to waste gas going to places that have no chance of having what I want.

Comment

They've got rectangle tube, DOM, the works, they just hide it esp in the barn
                dirty30

Comment

Also magna steel in Oxford/beacon falls area right of rt42 off rt8

Yarde metals in Southington
                  Pennsylvania steel or metals in Naugatuck Industrial Park.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Pennsylvania Steel has the best prices on DOM tube in the area. just a quick hinter for those out there looking.

Sometimes you can find DOM in the bargain barn at logan, they mix it in with all the seamed tube, you just gotta hunt it out. still a $1 per pound, but depending on the wall thickness, it's cheaper than buying one legnth.

Chapin and Bangs is in bridgeport, not sure if they vend to the public or not.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                    X