So With My Return Check...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So With My Return Check...

I've been considering addressing my vehicle situation. What situation you may ask?

Well my jeep has seen better days. Between the settling rot, cobbles together suspension and relatively poor planning on my part imready for something to change.

My options are as follows:

Fix current XJ: involves overhauling suspension, new coils, leaves, crossmember revision, put in 44, gear 30, patch floors, build rockers etc. Alot of work foe a chassis that is beat. Pros I keep all the parts I already have.

Buy new XJ:involves purchasing new, not rotted Cherokee and building it overtime to be a good dd and weekend wheeler so I can actually make it to rausch and get to school. This gives me a spare everything and some good parts from my other jeep.

Buy another 4x4: Really looking into a Tracker/Sidekick, small, good on gas, solid aftermarket. Or a Toyota/other small truck.

Basically I need something that can get me to work/school without breaking bank like I am now, while also wanting to do some mild wheeling in something im not afraid wont get me home.

Opionate me boys.
    dirty30

Option 2. Seems like the best most practical choice. Like you said all the spare parts and all of the parts you already have sitting around. 44, WJ steering etc. I think you could find a solid xi and piece it together given the parts from your jeep and some coin into the 44 and 30 to get a solid rig/dd
    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Yea just buy another cherokee, cant go wrong and you have an entire parts vehicle.
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Buy a Corolla,Civic,Focus, econo shit box that gets good mileage. Wheel the jeep. Making your daily driver you wheeler is never a good idea.

Comment

Is your current jeep in undrivable/unwheelable condition. Maybe you should get a new Cherokee and keep it stock for a while using it as a dd. Wheel the other one until its completely destroyed then swap parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
            Buy a Corolla,Civic,Focus, econo shit box that gets good mileage. Wheel the jeep. Making your daily driver you wheeler is never a good idea.
            This is ideal, but the upkeep on 2 vehicles isgreater than one.
            And as my jeep sits im not even comfortable wheeling it ad just a wheeler.

I only wheel once in awhile, I just want something I can do blues/low blacks in, and gets free me to the trail at highway speeds..i
            dirty30

Comment

Subaru BRZ............ my vote!
              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
              -57 GMC Pickup
              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

this. i loved my little camry.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

x2 the up keep might be more but peace of mind and mpgs is great
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

By your options I would pick option 2. Honestly the best mod of my jeep was buying a DD
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                      This is ideal, but the upkeep on 2 vehicles isgreater than one.
                      until youre spending double on the jeep just to half ass it to get to work in the morning. its more expensive to dd a wheeler in the grand scheme, and less ideal. when you dont have to "do or die" rush repairs. you will be much better off in your wallet and your mods/fixes
                      -Will
                      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I work at a grocery store, $9/hr.

I don't have the money to own a nice car, and a modded jeep.

At this point im just considering dd'ing the new whatever-it-is for a while until I decide fully what to do.
                        dirty30

Comment

option3 could work but if you got a yota and wanted to make it a DD,be prepared to choke up some coin...BUUUUUTTTTT......its good on gas and itll be less likely to break than a Jeep....thats why i DD my ZJ on 33's and am in process of finshing SAS on my yota with 37's....its nice to have peice of mind knowing youre gonna get to work the next day no matter what....just my .02
                          99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Logic says number 2.

I vote number 3.

Is buying a car and holding off on an offroad vehicle until you get a better paying job an option? Because this is the smart one.
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

The difference between weekend wheeler and weekly wheeler is key.

I don't have the ability to get out to rausch 4-5and times a year, so most of my wheeling is local stuff.

Either way, if I buy a dd, im still not comfortable driving the jeep to rauschor elsewhere, and I can't afford a tow vehicle.

Thus leads me to a combo rig.
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X